surfer's ear surgery

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
red

surfer's ear surgery

Postby red » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:23 pm

http://www.surfinghandbook.com/2010/06/surfer%E2%80%99s-ear-it%E2%80%99s-a-bummer/

I knew I was gonna have to have this surgery eventually after 10+ years surfing cold new england winters and another 3 in central cali. Doc told me yesterday that I have to get it done now cause it's almost completely closed. My question is if anybody knows an ENT doc out here who surfs or who uses the chisel method of busting these suckers out. Haven't had any luck tracking down one yet. Mahalo!

Kelly7873

Re: surfer's ear surgery

Postby Kelly7873 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:26 pm

I had in done at Kaiser Moanalua about 10 years ago but the doctor isn't listed anymore.

Dabah

Postby Dabah » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:40 pm

http://www.pamf.org/ENT/services/surfersear.html

I have been told by people who have had the surgery that this is the guy to go to. He's in Santa Cruz, which is a bit of a hassle, but it sounds like if you're going to do this you should do it right. My left ear has seventy percent occlusion from growing up surfing in cold water so I might have to do this myself eventually. I get ear infections real easily if I don't where plugs or forget to wash my ears out with alcohol after every surf.

red

Postby red » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 am

Yeah looks like I'll be buying a ticket to Santa Cruz. I asked the guy and he said he doesn't know anybody else doing it out here. So strange...going to Santa Cruz and not surfing. If I find any more info will post it up here. Thanks!

HMARK

Postby HMARK » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:57 am

Sorry about that Red.

But way to go Dabah; and 808/Wavelust comes thru again. Wild.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”