Stolen Board

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
fabian

Stolen Board

Postby fabian » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:52 pm

A friend of mine just got his board ripped off yesterday while eating out on Kapahulu ave. 6' 6" Lineup Surfboard out of Australia, white with black logos and black Astrodeck pad. Bottom has his name on it by the dimensions, YASU. Has anyone out there ever successfully recovered a stolen board? Any ideas out there? Mahalos, Fabian

HMARkk

Start hunting the con-sign/pawn shops

Postby HMARkk » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:12 am

Go hunting at the consign surf shops, and pawn shops..good luck, you'll need it!

naminori

lineup

Postby naminori » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:13 am

Seen plenty of those boards however, they are all on Okinawa. Just tell Yasu to go to the strip bars and call it a lost.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:42 pm

I read online last year a story about Kelly Slater. His quiver of brand spanking new Al Merricks was stolen from behind the place he was staying, he notified Surfline and they put out a little article on their website and the boards were recovered within the next couple of days.

One other story is a friend of mine got his board ripped off while camping at Yokes out west.
Next week I was surfing Rockies and I bumped into a buddy, he was like "yo check out my new stick , got a killer deal, 100 bucks."
Said he bought it off some grom out on the west side. I asked him if I could check it out and my other buddys name was right there on the stringer.
I told the victim that I found his board and I hooked him up with buddy # 2's numbers and my friend got his stick back, had to pay a hundred bucks but the board was brand new, he threw in a six pack for the aloha.

I just read on CHunsreef.net , that a guy in Mililani had his van ripped off from his drive way along with all his sticks, trucks, leashes and gear.

Thats a bummer !!!!!

Kelly7873

Postby Kelly7873 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:21 pm

He should of got his board back for free. Buying a stolen board is against the law. Your buddy who bought the stolen board should of giving the board back for free and consider himself lucky.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:31 pm

Yeah I guess thats true, makes good sense to get it back for free. my friend got a good deal on the board to start off with, the shaper was his friend and owed him a stick, so I guess he didn't mind shelling out the 100 clams.

megaprober

Postby megaprober » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:56 pm

:idea: bummer deal man....had my board stole from outside my friends house at a party...got drunk, got no pussy, masssive hangover and no board. best part was i bumped into some lady surfing on the east side that i was pretty sure had my board. best thing you can do is report the serial number on the bottom to the cops file a report and then if you find it bring the cops to the person who has it and he'll have to give the board back and eat it on the money for buying stolen goods....same goes fora surf store, in fact they'll run the number and confiscate the board and get in touch if you have a report out.....good luck. :evil:
that spot off the h-3 rocks!!!

http://WWW.JUTECAST.COM

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Re: Stolen Board

Postby Bud » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:27 pm

fabian wrote:A friend of mine just got his board ripped off yesterday while eating out on Kapahulu ave. 6' 6" Lineup Surfboard out of Australia, white with black logos and black Astrodeck pad. Bottom has his name on it by the dimensions, YASU. Has anyone out there ever successfully recovered a stolen board? Any ideas out there? Mahalos, Fabian

Kapahulu - Rainbow drive in? Bummers, I'll keep an eye open for it ... curious, was the car broke itno or was in a pick up bed or on racks or what? Druggies are everywhere and there's lotsa pawn shops in that area, maybe keep a watch. Plus a couple surf shops that deal in mostly used boards.

Hey I saw somone on the beach after surfing Himmys today with a M808, I asked if he knew Makani and found out he was your brother in law Rob.

fabian

Postby fabian » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:46 pm

Just want to say thanks for all the suggestions. I doubt if he'll get the board back, but you never know. He had a rental and the locks were busted. They took his board and all the souvenirs.

Yep, dat's my brother-in law. He's just starting out, but he's got the fever now. I tested it out at Aliis a couple of times and the board is sweet.

I'm outta the water for maybe 3-4days. My board whacked me in the head and I scored 5 staples. Waves gotta be super good for me to jump in the water with them. Well maybe not too good because I'm already cringing to get wet.

Adder

Postby Adder » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:06 am

if the staples are on your face/neck/etc and the area's not too hairy go buy a box of duoderm or tegaderm from the drugstore, it will keep it nice n dry.
liquid bandaid works good for keeping it waterproof if the staples are in the scalp area!

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”