heavy duty

solo

heavy duty

Postby solo » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:41 am

got a chest x-ray last week, and they saw some "linear opacities" in my lower right side. kinda made sense: my right side feels "funny", i can't breath correctly, and my right arm/shoulder feels wierd.

haven't surfed like i thought i should this past winter, i thought it was old age. now i realize my lung(s) are indeed wasted...

anyhow, haven't seen the doc yet, this friday is when i see him. i'm not expecting good news.

oh well, i've always said i've seen better days...
ride the tiger...

HMARK

Aye Ya.

Postby HMARK » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:43 pm

Hope everything turns out for the best. Pix can lie. And you never know till you talk to dat Doc. Positive thoughts out to you and yours.

:oops:
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Adder

Postby Adder » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:34 pm

heya solo, i run a family practice clinic.
it can be any of a number of things, from artifact (nuthin') to old scarred lung tissue to the dreaded cancer.
i would suggest you get a better test, probably a CT scan with IV contrast material, to better define the area.
spirometry tests can show you if your lung capacity and function is messed up.
if it's pretty extensive, you might need to see a pulmonary doc for a bronchoscopy, where they can get a biopsy sample.
did they say it's in the lungs or on the chest wall?
what is your occupation?
any history of exposure to metals, talc, birdkeeping, or anything else where you might have chronically been inhaling stuff?
smoker?
tuberculosis exposure?
any other symptoms.....weight loss, coughing up blood or stuff, short of breath, fevers, night sweats, etc?
lates,
malc

solo

Postby solo » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:12 pm

mucho mahalos, adder.

and thanks to all for everyones concern...

as it turns out, i jumped the gun. the nurse who shared the results of my chest x-ray with me clarified the situation.

she said "linear opacities". she was trying to tell me my chronic asthma/bronchitis may be worsening, as the xray was referenced to one four years ago. her advice was to see my doc so he could adress the problem with antibiotics or something.

i nasked her about the big "C", and she kinda put my mind at ease. however, she said to see the doc, which i will manana...

they say it's in the lower lungs, both sides. i repair medical equipment for a living, work in a large military health facility. chronically been inhaling the chronic. other symptoms: weight gain, difficulty breathing(even after albuterol), trace ketones and blood in urine sample.

yessir, i smoke. but i just quit, excepting for the rastas. it'll take quite a bit for me to give that up.

bottom line? not enough info yet, buit doesn't look as bad as i thought. i just haven't been taking my maintenance inhalers as religiously as i should, i think....

thanks, malc!!!!!

viz
ride the tiger...

Adder

Postby Adder » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:50 pm

heya bud, no probs, hope it all works out for ya!
lots of chronic can get you over time, a bong might help......but can get kinda wasteful!
hehehe

Return to “Off Topic”