BLOODY WATER - Your Surfing Injuries

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

BLOODY WATER - Your Surfing Injuries

Postby Bud » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:40 am

Bones, Flesh & Blood vs Reef, Boards & Fins

Let's hear your stories and see the pics!

I have a head start on most of you so I'll things start off with probably my best donation to the Surf Gods,
head slam off the bottom @ Rocky Pt Jan '05, required 12 staples in me head
Last edited by Bud on Sun May 27, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ramone

Postby ramone » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:07 am

my blood sacrafice. solo leftovers winter '05 -doubble to tripple oh. board stabbed leg, 13 stiches plus internals.

Kelly7873

Postby Kelly7873 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:31 pm

Hit in the head by my own board, I went right back out.
Got stitches in my foot when out at Sunset when a guy got pushed back while ducking, he didn't let go. I drove to the Kaiser clinic in Kahuku, they asked if I had an appointment.
Stitches in my head when a newbe dropped in on me at Pyramid and we banged heads. Sorry no photos.

red

Postby red » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 pm

i know it dont look so bad but it put a good size pessure dent in my rail after going thru my hand. in the bottom pic you can kinda make out a blue line where it prolly would come thru if it was sharper. god bless vicodin

red

Postby red » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:07 am

Had to quit the Vicodin yesterday and it was still messing me up even after I quit. Normal is okay by me, and ibprofen seems to be doing the trick now.

One thing I found out is if you take that stuff for a few days you get really backed up. Anyways I'm hanging close to the banos today.

Come on hand...f'ing heal!

driftfast180

yep

Postby driftfast180 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:04 am

sorry no pics happened a while ago.

1. during a backside air 180 I somehow managed to punch my board during roation. My palm went through the fiberglass right at the stringer and caused an half inch ding. The fiberglass cut through my palm and I had a piece of skin out of my hand hanging off. 2 inches long 3-4 mm thick gushing blood pretty bad. I needed about 6 stitches but I ended up just walking home, taping up my hand and puttin on a latex glove while surfing. 6 weeks to heal cuz I didnt get stitches but I was young and dumb. What can I say.

2. grabbing rail during backside barrel and the lip closed a bit. It clipped me and after falling I was laying back down on my fins. Tossed over the falls 3 times while being pinned to the fins. Turns out I broke my fin on my back 6 inches worth of shaved skin and a deep cut. The good news was that I could still surf once bandaged up.

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:15 pm

sorry i got no picts, but i bet no one can beat this injury.

I went over the falls at pipe and as i tumbled i ended up sitting on my skegs and got castrated, sure hurt, with blood gushing everywhere. Plus shitty thing I lost my balls as they were never recovered. Thank god though doctors were able to attach swine balls and my body didnt reject them.
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

billaj

Postby billaj » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:34 pm

Puerto_Rico_Surfer wrote:sorry i got no picts, but i bet no one can beat this injury.

I went over the falls at pipe and as i tumbled i ended up sitting on my skegs and got castrated, sure hurt, with blood gushing everywhere. Plus shitty thing I lost my balls as they were never recovered. Thank god though doctors were able to attach swine balls and my body didnt reject them.

I can't tell if your serious or not. If you are, that must suck bro

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:08 am

OInk OInk :lol:
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”