Private Forum?

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Private Forum?

Postby Bud » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:49 am

Would like input from you people on whether I should make a section of the BB private, e.g., for registered members only. Either a new section for this purpose or make it apply to the monthly "Surf Check" topic.

I have several options to choose from, ranging from completly restricted (viewing, posting, to registered members only), or viewable to everyone but only members can post, or keep it completly open to anyone as it is now.

Feedback from members, guests and lurkers is appreciated and all taken into consideration.

Bud

solos

Postby solos » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:19 pm

definitely FOR logging in as a requirement.

saltwater dreams bb used to be wide open like this one, and it turned to shit because of a coupla malekos... then they made logging on a requirement, and that shit stopped.

we need accountability.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:22 pm

btw, it doesn't matter if i know who maleko is.

i don't trust anybody.

-solo

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:27 pm

Logging in might help curb some of the negative trippin a bit. My 2 centavo's...
Owoooooooo!!

malekos

Postby malekos » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:11 pm

i don't think logging in would be a good idea. i couldn't pull my infantile, childish games with solar anymore.

and please don't post our IP adress too, "k?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Puerto rico surfer

Postby Puerto rico surfer » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:16 pm

well bud I think just from reviewing the last couple responses you have your answer....personally IMO everyone can view, but only logged in can you post.

HMARK

!

Postby HMARK » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:12 pm

Hey Bud! Well, I guess bottom line is it is up to you. It is your hardwork going into this BB, and the cost is born buy you as well. No ads, no pop up BS.

The value of the BB IMHO, is HUGE. I know I personally would not be directed to learn or persue more knowledge if not for the crew here. That goes for even the more outrageous amongst us. I do not think we tread on anyones secret spots, ( cause not like there are that many anymore) and respect is pretty much a no-brainer for everybody on line. Lots of different opinions, and thats a Right. If the differences are a cause for your decision either way, then that is your Right as owner, proprietor of the BB.

Either way, the fact is there is not anywhere else on the WWW that these disscusions take place, as well as information given out, where ( I feel ) it is appreciated by all.

2 bits, and some extra change for da boys not here....

:D
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

sloan

Postby sloan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:58 pm

Would you have to "ok" a registered user before the bb would allow them to post? ie could someone just makeup a temporary name and be able to post?

maleko

Postby maleko » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:22 am

Aloha Bud!

I think you should make it that you have to register in order to post a comment. It would make the psycos like Solo (who, by the way, is asking the same as I, but is too immature to post with his registered account) use only 1 name instead of talking to himself like a madman. :x

I'm brave enough to use my registered account. Either way I use this site as an entertainment source and to find out all the secret Northshore spots. I take nothing serious online.

p.s. solo, u know Bud knows who the 'guests' are? he can see there address so u ain't foolin' nobody but your TOWN KLOWN self, who never travels anywhere :roll:
Aloha,
maleko
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it doesn't matter where you been as long as it was deep in solo's okole :lol:
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

solar

Postby solar » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:49 am

keep it up, maleko. i'm getting closer to finding you. don't be suprised i knock on your front door one day... 8) 8) 8)

olly

Postby olly » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:22 am

I think it would be a good idea to have it there as an option, but not necessary for all the time.
If someone 's stoked on a session and wants to share it, but doesn't want to tell the world where the waves are it would be good.

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:10 pm

Thanks to you all for the input and kind words HMark :D

For now, I have decided to keep the board as it is, wide open. But I will be much more liberal with the 'Delete this Post' button. Carry on. Go surfing, then let's talk about it. Or not, your choice :idea:

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:40 pm

OK people , people look over these last couple of post.
It was all nice and civilized till 2 memebers decided to post.
These 2 members are ruining it for ALLL.
I've been checking Buds website since I lived in NY over 4 years ago, and it was always about surfing till 2 members decided to join in the fun.
Now its a pansy assed bitch fest. Fellas this site is about surfing and all that goes along with it, not about bashing one another.

Why dont you do all of us a favor and quit your fucking bitching and go surf. Grow up already.

I say leave it wide open and when some one crosses the boundary which both of these kooks have done on many occasion then give em the boot.
I alsos think you need to register to make a post that way you got the kooks email.

YA GOTTA GIVE RESPECT TO GET RESPECT, and neither one of you have a clue what the word respect means. (you know who youse are)

solos

Postby solos » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:47 am

point taken, mr. liam.

i apologize for my lack of respect, and welcome to the islands.

have a nice day, sir.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:58 pm

solos wrote:point taken, mr. liam.

i apologize for my lack of respect, and welcome to the islands.

have a nice day, sir.

Mahalo , Viz.

Return to “Off Topic”