Free Diving - Rock Carry - Training thread

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:59 pm

:D I can hold my breath for almost 20 seconds! My excercise regiment consists of surfing, and Cocoa Krispees. Also coffee, lots of coffee.
Just more of me to love. :lol:
Owoooooooo!!

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:19 pm

15 minute vid of me and my friend Christian doing some cave-diving and rock carry's @ shark's cove....sits pretty long, but good...He Edited the vid....we tooks turns shooting each other

25 mb quicktime file

http://www.surfguidehawaii.com/video/no-tanks-eh.mov

In the vid is "the blue room", "the eel hole", and a few others.

(uploading as I type this)
Why Wouldn't Ya?

sloan

Postby sloan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:02 pm

nice vid. That first song on there fits that cave diving well. Man, you guys scored it caaaalllm. I was in there a few weeks ago and there was some swell sneaking through. I surfaced in the blue room after starting at that small entryway and it was all white water. Had to hold on to the rocks while the water gushed in and out. Actually got out there and walked around instead of swimming through that last big section cause I couldn't see anything with all the bubbles.

maleko

Postby maleko » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:43 pm

free dived @ kolu kupenas today. found 3 big cowry shells, just about every reef fish you could imagine, and a mano chillin' in the cave 8)
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

solo nli

Postby solo nli » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:37 am

maleko, not to be insulting, but are you a female?

kinda makes me wonder, the way youse comment that not too much are posting here. nothing wrong with that...

i swear you are sounding super familiar, i do believe you may be someone i know, and female at that. parmenter? i don't think you'ld say even if it were true. why the incognito in the first place, right?

come clean, maleko. then, maybe everyone else will meet you halfway. your behavior indicates someone other than a married 28 year old ex-seal.

come clean, you'll be suprised what honesty and goodness can do for friendships...

malekos

Postby malekos » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:10 pm

i'm male. & i don't think you know me unless you hang out at makaha on a daily basis.

i posted the japanese girl avatar to cool down the testosterone levels in here. i was glad to see neospnge actually posted a female surf picture the other day :)

solo

Postby solo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:13 pm

brian higa?
ride the tiger...

solo

Postby solo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:18 pm

tommy chun ming?
ride the tiger...

solor

Postby solor » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:37 pm

i must be getting warm, at least let me know if youses know those guys.

your silence speaks volumes...

maleko

Postby maleko » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:16 pm

sorry solo, i don't know any of those guys is brian, gene's (rip) brother?

i've been silent because there has been zero surf to report of here. SIR!

i mostly talk & hang with people my age. the older guys are just simply howzit and see ya later.

there faces are probably familiar if they live on dis side.
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

SoloS

Postby SoloS » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:27 am

good one, malek. no brian isn't gene's brother as you already know...

if you really don't know brian, i ain't concerned about you. tommy chun ming? claudia parmenter? i'm not so sure you are part of the makaha gang...

regardless of age, geographically it's impossible NOT to know them.

i smell something...

solos

Postby solos » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:36 am

i noticed you said," mostly talk & hang with people my age. the older guys are just simply howzit and see ya later."

how did you know they were older? so you DO know dem, huh?

:twisted:

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:20 am

Tommy Chun Ming aint from Makaha, don't think Brian Higa is either un less they moved there within the last 15 years? Cuz Bud an I lived there from 78 to 82 and I surfed against TCM during this period he was from town aiea i think? cuz i wen grad from aiea in 83 and I thought i saw him around... in aiea that is. some guys we know from makaha are the kealauna's not sure if i spelled that right? mel puu, john maxwell, the desotos yada yada...oh well not that important just puttin in my 2 cents. have a nice day. :D

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:21 am

The last post was me, Rich if anyone cares. Aloha.

solost

Postby solost » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:44 am

thanks rich, for clearing things up. I DEFINITELY GOT AN IDEA OF WHO THIS GUY IS, NOW.

thanks again rich...

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”