Any South Pac suggestions?

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Jahsurfs!

Any South Pac suggestions?

Postby Jahsurfs! » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:21 pm

Hi Fellas! So the soon to be Mrs. and I (getting married in October) are in the planning stages of the honeymoon! Fortunately for me, she knows I love to surf. :D
We are looking at Fiji and Tahiti, so far to get the best of all worlds. A great place to kick back and do some fun things, a semi-surf trip for me and some smaller ankle slapper long board sessions for her and I together.

Just wondering if you fellas have had any great experiences to share and or suggest to the Mrs. and I. I appreciate the help!
Also might stop into Oahu for 2-3 days on the way back, hopefully hook up with some of the fellas, if time permits! 8)
Though shall be nice to everything that moves 8)

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:34 pm

Tavarua? The ultimate dream?
Why Wouldn't Ya?

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:03 pm

Yeah I second that one!!! Problem is Joe, I hear the waiting list is like 6-9 months? But thats just hersay. GL JAH.

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:17 pm

If the missus don't surf much, I'd hit Tahiti..one of the most beautiful places in the world...kinda pricey though, and the surf mortal men can ride is a bit more elusive.
Sounds to me like Maui or Kaui would also be good choices.
And to further confuse myself...hell yeah, Fiji! :D
Sorry..I'm no help.
Owoooooooo!!

maleko

Postby maleko » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:48 am

Tonga has excellent waves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:50 am

Surfer9joe and Puerto Rico Surfer, I agree with Tavarua. Like I told the Mrs.- "the only thing wrong with Tahiti is being so close to the most perfect waves at Tavarua and not visiting the island". I think the combo of waiting list andl lack of things for her to do has scrapped that island but that was first choice! :lol:

HB, you're confusing me! :) I would choose any one of those places, Kuai sounds great but I think this is a rare chance we're both going to be able to take 2-3 weeks off from work. We could do Kuai in the future for a 1 week vacation or else that would probably be top of the list.

Maleko, I have heard similar things about Tonga. I also heard the people are very friendly. I thought about Tonga about a year ago but haven't posed it to the Mrs. as a Honeymoon yet. Hmmmm...good idea. 8)

Tahnks for the suggestsions! Anything else is great appreciated! You guys scoring any surf?

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:54 am

Jah you lucky dog :) I'm sure you'll score wherever you end up goin.

overhere, been scratching for windslop and small summer bumps

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:58 am

Bud, I agree, Lucky is the word! I'm lucky she's nice enough to take my surfing habit/addiction into account and put herself on the side of our Honeymoon for me to surf for a few sessions!
Wow, just reinforces she's the one!
Summertime is mostly small summer bumps, been a few NW wind swells/small groundswells over here. It's kept the surf pretty consistent with a few Souths filling in every so often. Nothing great but some fun chest to OH surf off and on for the past few months. It keeps me smiling :D

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:40 am

Honeymoon ? Kauai for sure.
You'll definatley score and it one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
tons of diferent kinds of surf in the summer if your lucky enough to get a swell. tons for the ol gilr to do also.

Tavarua $260 a night , scratch.
Tahit $3500 each , scratch.
Fiji, not much do to but surf fish dive and sun burn.
or you can take her on a boat triip to the Metawais

http://surfline.com/travel/tripwire/06_15_indo.cfm

If i was goin on a trip with my lady I'd take her to Kauai.
you'll love it. Ive been there a few times and it always been a blast.
you'll score waves and meet other couples.
I can hook you up with a great B&B in Hanalei but the surf will be on the south west and east side, perfect diving conditions up north and great hiking.

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:53 am

I agree, Kaui rules, miles of uncrowded perfect beachbreaks, and lots of reefs too. No ideas whats its like in the summer, but I heard pretty good.
Why Wouldn't Ya?

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:46 pm

Jah just re read your 1 st message , you tying the knot in October ?
THere will be surf all over the place on Kauai that time of the year.
Pack yer gun !

South Pacific will be dormant that time of the year.

Jah

Postby Jah » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:54 am

:D

I would love to go to Kaui!!! We definitely have Kaui in the plans for the future but I think the soon to be Mrs. has the South Pac on her mind for the honeymoon!

THere will be surf all over the place on Kauai that time of the year.
Pack yer gun !

I agree! :)

sloan

Postby sloan » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:18 am

:lol: I'll take 3-6 faces on the n shore over 3-6 southy any day of the week and twice on aloha fridays...

Surf along all shores will be 1 to 3 feet today and Friday, except surf along north facing shores will increase to heights of 3 to 6 feet on Friday.

Outlook through Thursday Jun 24. A small north swell is expected to arrive tonight and Friday, and then decrease on Saturday.

sloan

Postby sloan » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:46 am

sorry 'bout the above post - put it in the wrong thread by mistake...

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:26 pm

Think it's going to be Tahiti, morea and huahine. Maybe bora bora but lotsa $$$$. I might try to slip a 2-3 day stay on oahu on the way back, around Oct 20th-22nd. Not sure yet but would like to break the flight into several stages...don't think that many hours in a plane is good for the brain....:)
Plus Oahu is beautiful, especially in October... 8)

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”