Any South Pac suggestions?

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:32 am

Jahsurfs,
I would go to Tahiti. I was there four years ago this August and it was just unreal. The surf will absoolutely blow your mind as well as the snorkeling/diving if you are into it. We sailed from Raiatea to Bora-Bora (no surf on Bora-Bora and its super expensive, one of the most stunning places i will ever see though). I stayed at Moana David's surf camp for four days near Papeete which was cool, kinda pricy in my opinion. My recommendation to you would be Moorea. You can take about a 2-hr ferry from Papeete. There is a smoking left called Hapiti as well as a couple other really fun waves depending on the swell direction and we stayed in bungalows on the beach close by for i think $80 per night. Wasn't Club Med but it did the job. Thats my two cents worth.........You can go to Kauai anytime.

Jahsurfs

Postby Jahsurfs » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:54 am

Thanks, I think the plan you just described is very close to what we're planning. Morea the first few days, huahine for 2-3 days and Tahiti for the 4-5 days and possibly Oahu on the way back. :)
Morea seems to be higher and higher on the list, I've heard similar feedback as yours. What was the surf vibe like?
thanks for the info

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:33 pm

I've heard from numerous sources that Moana David is the man down there. and if you wanna score hook up with guy and he will get you into the surf with zero stress. Hes got the 4x4 and the boat, plus the knowledge of the place.

Jah too lazy to login

Postby Jah too lazy to login » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:56 am

Lgreanz, you are the man! i appreciate the help! I will try to find some info on him and see the situation. I think some local knowledge will be key for a safe and happy trip! :)
checking into the extra cost for a 2-3 day stay in town, not sure it's feasible though.

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:40 am

lgreanz, checked out some info online about moana david. seems like he's the hookup! I couldn't find a whole lot of pricing on him and minimum days, etc... think i saw something like $185 or 135 can't remember. if you hear where i can grab some more info i'd be greatful, i'll continue to search in case not. I think i saw another local guide too but sounds like moana david seems to have it wired for sure! 8)
Though shall be nice to everything that moves 8)

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:06 pm

i'm sure hes in the phone book down there hes definatley got a email account.
just gotta do some searching online, i'll seee if my friend got his email.
good luck

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:02 am

thanks LG, don't go out of your way. I was just wondering... I can definitely do some more research, once i get the dates finalized, I'll probably get some more specifics in place such as Moana David! :)
Thanks again LG!!! 8)
Though shall be nice to everything that moves 8)

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”