Black Christmas sequence -- 12/24/06

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
neosponge

Black Christmas sequence -- 12/24/06

Postby neosponge » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:41 pm

Mutant terror at 1.8 fps.

neo

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:30 pm

Something happened between frames 5 & 6 because that looked makeable. Foot slipped? Leash caught around the feet? At least enough to get to frame 9 and pullout the back.
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:43 pm

sometimes you are going so fast you cant turn in time.......

seeeck sequence neil, love it!!
Why Wouldn't Ya?

neosponge

Postby neosponge » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:15 pm

Puerto_Rico_Surfer wrote:Something happened between frames 5 & 6 because that looked makeable. Foot slipped? Leash caught around the feet? At least enough to get to frame 9 and pullout the back.

Don't know about makeable, but something definitely happened around then. I'm guessing either backwash or a side wave (there was a lingering north coming through). In any case, that's when he aborted. The "shooting gallery" went nuts.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:29 pm

UR BEST SEQUENCE YET, HANDS DOWN.

that is a heavy situation
i cant stop mind surfing those frames.

to me it seems the wave just didn't let the surfer turn.
he trys to put it on the rail, and the board just dont move, he gets stuck in the water moving up the face.

or he just didn't start the his turn early enough to avoid the boil at the bottom.

i wonder if he had glass on fins or removable. that could be the diference in making that wave or not.

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:18 pm

i wonder if he had glass on fins or removable. that could be the diference in making that wave or not.

Really?

I havent noticed much of a difference, at least to the point that it would affect performance that much so as not to be able to turn. But then again who am I to speak, I think in my entire life I have ridden a wave that size maybe 3 times and i was in full kook mode with arms out like I was walking a tightrope and I was stiff as a board just trying to get down the line to the safety of the shoulder.

Usually when it gets to be that size I pull out the sponge (cause I'm just a big baby) hehehehe.
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:52 am

well he had the sack to go, but i garuntee that everything changed the moment he went over the ledge.

theres so many factors out there.

i think the board and the equipment play a huge part in big surf.
if your equipment isn't up to par to match the conditions, your success rate will be low.

personnally id rather have my fins resined onto my board rather than relying on 1/4 inch allen wrench screw.

its a life or death situation, in conditions like that.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”