Splinters

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
blahlah

Splinters

Postby blahlah » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:48 pm

Please check out the trailer for my college buddy's movie about surfing in Papua New Guinea (Red, as a fellow auteur I'm sure you will appreciate his work) - it is a work in progress.

I'm biased, but I think he did a damn fine job. He is headed back to PNG to hopefully finish over the next year.

http://www.splintersmovie.com/trailer

(requires quiktime)

The dirty rat says he's gotten to enjoy heaps of PNG barrels in the process of filming. >;!)
Brah, it's just like, just get the best barrels ever dude. Just like, pull in, just get spit right out of it, drop in & just smack the lip, WHUH-PACK!! Drop in, BARAAH!!! Then after that, just riding the barrel & get pitted, SO PITTED, like that.

red

Postby red » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:05 am

Oooh..HD. I'm finally going to get my hands on that gear for my next, but it's not a surfing film.

I bet he could raise a small fortune with cultural initiatives for a project like that.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:13 am

unreal.

see the way that guy was ripping on wood ....

HD , very nice.

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:53 am

Excellent trailer.
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

blahlah

Postby blahlah » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:50 am

Thanks for the positive response, I will pass on to my friend.

Yeah Red, he is definitely trying to assess and help with the PNG tourism board and the people there developing some sort of surf tourism industry, to the extent that they are interested in it and want such a thing. :D

Please share with any friends you think might enjoy the film.

Thanks all. :D
Brah, it's just like, just get the best barrels ever dude. Just like, pull in, just get spit right out of it, drop in & just smack the lip, WHUH-PACK!! Drop in, BARAAH!!! Then after that, just riding the barrel & get pitted, SO PITTED, like that.

goro

Postby goro » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:22 pm

that was great...closest i got to png was biak...
beautiful waters, sunrises and sunsets...
is your friend from kailua?
and his dad used to be a missionary in png?
if so, i think i know him or his brother...
thanks for sharing this with us...

Thebigz0

Postby Thebigz0 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Sickk video.... that right looks very good and the locals were ripping so hard.

Any problems with the saltwater crocs down there?

There is an article about surfing in PNG in the travel section of tommorow's advertiser, about the same club I believe.

blahlah

Postby blahlah » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:34 pm

goro wrote:is your friend from kailua?
and his dad used to be a missionary in png?
if so, i think i know him or his brother...
thanks for sharing this with us...

Glad you guys liked it, my friend will be stoked about the positive feedback.

He is actually from California.

thebigz0 wrote:Any problems with the saltwater crocs down there?

There is an article about surfing in PNG in the travel section of tommorow's advertiser, about the same club I believe.

I will forward your question and this thread to him, and let him know about the article - thanks for the heads up.

cheers all.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”