The Obsession of Surfing

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
maleko

Obsessed w/ surfin'

Postby maleko » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:58 pm

I have the mags, & the videos. (i have stopped buying them so i can surf even more)I do my surf check as soon as I wake up. I do crazy things to stay in shape for the next swell. I'm constantly watching the ocean or in the ocean. If I'm not there I start going CRAZY! I like surfing and the ocean!! 8) i'm addicted! :D
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

Selke

Postby Selke » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:28 am

Kelly7873 wrote:DON'T THROW OUT THAT RIPTIDE! The yellow Riptide by your left knee, I'm on page 40 and they even have my name spelled right. My issue is trashed because I used to keep it in my car just in case some hot chick wanted to see it. :lol:

Is that really you? -That's some wave!

Selke

Re: Obsessed w/ surfin'

Postby Selke » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:51 am

Great article. 10, 6, 8, and 2 really applied to me! Even on Home & Away (don't know if ye'd know it, rubbishy soap). I'd be scanning the waves in the background constantly. Also on tv adds.

-I was out on Friday night in a club dancing with my friends when they started playing surfing clips on the big screen. -That was the end of my dancing I was just standing there totally absorbed and felt an instant longing to be out there.

maleko wrote: I do crazy things to stay in shape for the next swell. I'm constantly watching the ocean or in the ocean. If I'm not there I start going CRAZY! I like surfing and the ocean!! 8) i'm addicted! :D

Same here. The weather was scorching here for the last week and all I wanted to do was be down at the sea, although it was flat. Ended up leaving work early on Tuesday and Wednesday just to go down for a swim and be near the sea. -Nothing worse than being stuck in the city all day.

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:52 pm

My sat session

Walking out to logs I couldnt beleive my eyes, it was less crowded than yesterday, and still had some sets! Ended up with a decently good session, though not as good as yesterday. 3 foot with only a rare 4 footer or two. It was less people, but every wave seemed to have someone either flailing inside me, or paddling right in front of me. Session ended when a bunch of guys with tatoos and missing teeth came out together and took over the lineup, snaking and laughing with impunity.

I got one pic while checking it:
Why Wouldn't Ya?

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:39 pm

lucky logs .

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”