G LAND

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:01 am

bobbys camp is the bomb, you will be stoked, hope the tide is right and the winds are offshore.

your in for a dream trip. stay in the bungalows.
they are the newest buildings and keep alll the wildlife out at night.
no rats or monkeys in your bed makes for a good nights sleep.

ecoonomy is ghetoo
and the luxury rooms are kinda worn down/out
and behind the restaurant.

scrap food in the jungle = animals

surfstarved

Postby surfstarved » Tue May 22, 2007 11:11 am

Hey LG,

Good on ya. I can only cherish the memories. Been there 5x times with the 1st in 90' and the last being 96'. In 91' we were the first ones in camp that year (8 of us). The warungs (I think that's what they're called?) were not built yet so we stayed in these 2 man igloo tents pitched on wooden platforms a couple feet off the ground. That's right "igloo" tents. It was hotter than H*** but the waves, lack of crowd, scenery, and mellow vibes smoothed everything over.Talk about honing the backside skills. My buddies go every year. They tell me the waves are still good but lots different about the camp like a road that goes all the way there now and ac in the rooms? Still looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Working on the wife about possible separate vacations. We'll see how that goes.
Have fun in Samoa. Heard lots of good things about the surf. A. Samoa also has surf that gets pretty heavy. Gotta a chance to surf there a couple of times when I had to work at LBJ Med Ctr. No crowd and it can get quite shallow/ledgy.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:29 am

Here is a report from Simon on Gland 

http://www.ksusa.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=41141#41141 

Well hello everyone 
We all made it back from G-Land in one peice 
The last 2 days was like nothing ive seen before at G-Land. Enormous moutains of ocean running from the outer bombies all the way through to that 20\20's place. 
It was not good G-Land!!!! It was just huge. Gav & I paddled out on the first day. After about 40 duck dives each (well Gav had about 50 ) 
from Kongs down to the end section at speedies we toured the whole reef before getting out. It was an experience surfing the place that big 
Gav had his 6ft flashy which i thought would have been too small but the pro he is air dropped from a couple of stories up to blow every ones minds. 
I had my 6'10 & found it perfect. Got a couple of enormous tubes that will never leave that part of my brain that stores info of moments when you are in pure fear. 
Steave was watching from the tower trying to film but with no luck due to strange wind patterns well the lack of them. No wind really & a very thick soup like mist between the tower & the break. No photo's nothing guys. Sorry! 
This one is for you Wayne 
You told me to behave 
If it wasnt hard enough to get the guts to paddle out on the big day that dam Death star ship turns up the night before the swell arrives. If you dont know the death star everyone its the latest indies trader boat from the movie young guns 2 or something like that. Its not what you want to see turn up at any break in the world unless your on it i guess. 
Anyway wayne. 
Martin Daily starts towing in some fu#%ing bloke who I later may have identified as Randy Rush (I think ) 
They start towing in around me & a couple of others. In & around us within meters of us putting bump on the faces, stinking the place out etc etc etc. 
It could not have beem more wrong than that. 
Lets just say Wayne that the days of old came out & no matter who you are in the water an arsehole should be made aware of there actions which is what happened 
The rest of the trip has been amazing. G-Land has been great to average to enormous & an experience that wont be forgotten. For those in the know helmet cam got Nada 
Steeno 
Should have been here mate. 
George should have been here 

sorry for any typing errors, Im in Indo & dont care 

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”