kaikos localism?

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
surfer9joe

kaikos localism?

Postby surfer9joe » Wed May 19, 2004 9:56 am

from surfline.com "As good as the surf has been at Kaiko's/Browns is as disgusting as some of the people have been behaving as a result of the crowds there. Last Thursday, as many as 6 cars were broken into and/or keyed and there were at least 2 incidences reported of "locals" throwing rocks at surfers in the water from one or two of the beachfront houses. Please be careful and remember to spread the aloha wherever you surf. Peace."

anyone else hear about this? Im scared to enter the water!!!! j/k
Why Wouldn't Ya?

Po'boy

Postby Po'boy » Wed May 19, 2004 10:00 am

Walk there, don't drive. The problem is solved. :P

Ghettos of Kahala

Re: kaikos localism?

Postby Ghettos of Kahala » Wed May 19, 2004 10:10 am

surfer9joe wrote:there were at least 2 incidences reported of "locals" throwing rocks at surfers in the water from one or two of the beachfront houses.

Why is it that in places like Palos Verdes, CA (as reported in Surfer Magazine, etc.) with the original trust fund babies and Black Point that people try to front like they are sooooooooooooooo hard. Throwing rocks from Million dollar homes - give me a break! Spoiled brats.

We all need to accept that the future of surfing IS MORE CROWDS. And then be thankful we get to surf and eat and have a place to sleep. Maybe then we can be mellow, savor the good days with no one else out, and live and surf with aloha.

maleko

Postby maleko » Wed May 19, 2004 10:28 am

ROCK WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. the more we share, the more we have.
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

Thebigz0

Re: kaikos localism?

Postby Thebigz0 » Wed May 19, 2004 4:07 pm

Ghettos of Kahala wrote:Why is it that in places like Palos Verdes, CA (as reported in Surfer Magazine, etc.) with the original trust fund babies and Black Point that people try to front like they are sooooooooooooooo hard. Throwing rocks from Million dollar homes - give me a break! Spoiled brats.

We all need to accept that the future of surfing IS MORE CROWDS. And then be thankful we get to surf and eat and have a place to sleep. Maybe then we can be mellow, savor the good days with no one else out, and live and surf with aloha.

Amen

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed May 19, 2004 8:47 pm

all u gotta do is thro a hard turn and shut them up.

i think if i grew up there, born and raised i'd be a bit peeved when a crew of 4 paddle out, but the local guys over there get all the good waves anyway, they sit real tight like a pack of wolves.

I doubt its the locals breaking into the cars, just ice heads preying on us since we stay in the water for 2 hours plus most of the time.

i always go alone and never have a problem.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”