obstacles to surfing.

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
solos

obstacles to surfing.

Postby solos » Fri May 07, 2004 7:42 am

it seems that the honeymoon is over for me at my job.

for four years, i coud drop a leave form at a moments notice and take an afternoon off. this is because of my surfing lifestyle.

jujst this week, we've been informed that we need to give a days notice in order to take an afternoon off. not bad, still.

i wonder if i golfed, it would be easiier to get time off? i'm certain. golf is socially acceptable, surfing?

the question is, what kinds of obstacles, people or situations, do have to overcome in order to find your way to the waves? me, i got none at home. it's just my job that fucks with me.

"so you're a surfer..." then the look, you know the one.

frikkin' moo cows, the herd sucks. but that's why they part of the herd, cuz they can't think for themselves...

Postby Guest » Fri May 07, 2004 10:42 pm

all you can do is just keep on surfin'.

HMARK

Obstacle course.

Postby HMARK » Sat May 08, 2004 12:01 am

Dunno there solo. Seems like there is always obstacles of some sort to deter me or anyone else to go surf. I guess the bottom line ends up being the overcoming of the obstacles to get the goal.

Work is a bitch. A friend of mine used to say that it would be better spent if when you pau school, you took your retirement right then - couple years, cruise, enjoy life and exploring while your young. THEN work till you die. We used to sit around shoot the shit 'bout stupid things li'dat.

But work (for me) only amplifies the time spent surfing. Its like the time spent busting okole multiplies the stoke factor for meself. It probably is a wrinkled up way to look at it, but hey, its mine, I figure.

The most profound obstacle now seems to be time. I find less of it to be disposable income as it used to be. Between 2 jobs, raising my Keikis ( well only 1 in the nest now under age) I find demands to stress my ass out non-stop. At least I know my primary job is one of fullfilment (working HFD) but job2 at the Hotel - That bastard sucks little tiny doggie dicks.

I guess for now, the plus' out weight the minus. Guess for me, there is no better time to be a surfer.

Peace, hope the obstacles aint too big or too hard to overcome.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”