Here's a question...

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Haoleboy

Here's a question...

Postby Haoleboy » Mon May 03, 2004 10:18 pm

On Mon-Wed morn, I only get a short time to surf. Total of 1 hour including 10-15 minutes of paddle in and out time. So really only 40-50 minutes of actual surf. 45 minutes goes by so quick. Sometmes, I just don't feel like it. Even when the surf looks good.
What's your time limit so to speak. Would you paddle out knowing you only had 45 minutes to surf? Half hour? Am I being a big puss....? :? :D
Owoooooooo!!

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Tue May 04, 2004 4:50 am

You also forgot to add the 5-8 mins total minutes of unloading and then loading the board plus drying off. Leaving about 35 minutes to surf.... figure you'll catch at least one wave every 8 minutes (taking into account there are constant waves, the paddling back out after catching a wave and dealing with other surfers to catch said wave) , I estimate a total of about 4 to 5 waves including the one u head in on. Yeah I'd paddle out if the crowd didnt look to aggressive and there wasnt many out. (just to get wet and relax me before work) If the crowd looks aggressive naw wont go in , dont need that stress before work.

corrival

Postby corrival » Tue May 04, 2004 3:00 pm

If you ever enter a contest, you get between 15-20 minutes to show your stuff. How I wish we had 30-40 minutes.

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Tue May 04, 2004 3:36 pm

yeah but corrival remember your there to surf and your garunteed only 4 to 6 guys in the water that cant drop in on you. He's talking about the hassle of getting in the water or not, for just a few waves before or after work.

maleko

Postby maleko » Tue May 04, 2004 6:36 pm

I'ld paddle out. Just go out w/ an attitude of you're here to surf for 30 minutes and be totally serius about every wave, or paddle out and just chill and watch. Concentrate on breathing. Inhale positive, exhale negativity. Then again...

IF IN DOUBT, DON"T GO OUT
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

HMARK

Anytime

Postby HMARK » Tue May 04, 2004 11:34 pm

Anytime is good time, water time....
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

nenuphar

Re: Here's a question...

Postby nenuphar » Wed May 05, 2004 11:51 am

Yeah, I'd go, too. And you just have to trunk it. Imagine us California surfers having to get in and out of wetsuits. Thanks, btw, on the waikiki rec. -Jocelyn

surfstarved

Postby surfstarved » Wed May 05, 2004 12:12 pm

Although water time is hard to come by, if the crowd looks really nuts, I would pass. Otherwise, I'm out there! SS.

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Wed May 05, 2004 2:28 pm

Ya'll are right..I'm out there from now on. It's funny, I always feel better after a session, even a short one, but lately I've been sliding on the morning go-outs...and all I do is go home and grab an extra hour of sleep, (which doesn't make me feel any better.) Time to stop pussing out, dammit! :D
Owoooooooo!!

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”