Megaprober's new surf forecasting site: jutecast.com

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
surfer9joe

Megaprober's new surf forecasting site: jutecast.com

Postby surfer9joe » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:11 pm

It's still being developed, but I think Caldwell is going to have some competition from now on:

Check out Megaprober's http://www.Jutecast.com[/url]
Why Wouldn't Ya?

sloan

Postby sloan » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:20 pm

I'm guessing that 210 should be 310...

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Re: Megaprober's new surf forecasting site: jutecast.com

Postby Bud » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:15 pm

surfer9joe wrote:It's still being developed, but I think Caldwell is going to have some competition from now on:

Check out Megaprober's http://www.Jutecast.com[/url]

hey me likey..... very concise, will be keeping an eye on that one, thanks!

Kelly7873

Postby Kelly7873 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:44 pm

It looks like they're calling for the same swell with no real differences on time, size or direction (although Megaprober calls 310 degrees WNW?). The big difference is on the wind on Friday and especially on Saturday. I'll be rooting for Megaprober's call for light winds from the WSW but if I had to lay my money down I'd go with Caldwell's call for 11-16MPH north winds.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:46 pm

would anyone mind posting a link to caldwells? gracias.

Kelly7873

Postby Kelly7873 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:03 pm

megaprober

Postby megaprober » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:33 pm

as the writer of this new forecast i'd like to mention a few things. first that the forecast that pat (caldwell) does is the best and i have no intention of any form of competition. in fact, he has written me back when i had questions about what he does and how he does it. it is safe to say that he IS the godfather of surf-forecasting and none of us would have a clue without him. also, another reason i do it is because i'm a scientist(geologist) and i am obsessed with natural wonders....ocean, space, weather, women, etc...so it reallly is a hobby for me. and thirdly.....well i'm a surfer so.....

as it stands the site is just being created and the forecasts will not be as frequent as i'd like them to be.... every couple of days or so. at present time i can't even upload my own report so i've got to learn all the web stuff, thanks mostly to surfer9joe who is the man and is helping me out. as time goes on more things will be added and ideally it will not only be a forecast page, but also a "how i do it" and the pages and tools i use. page. eventually maybe you can learn to do it to. so bear with me because lots of work needs to be done and eventually it might be a cool page.

in case anybody is wondering i refuse to look at caldwells report until i'm done...that would be cheating.

jute :idea:
that spot off the h-3 rocks!!!

http://WWW.JUTECAST.COM

HM

mahalos

Postby HM » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:25 am

Mahalos from all the crew - knowledge is good.

:?

Kelly7873

Postby Kelly7873 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:54 pm

It looks like you did pretty good with this swell. You called it a little bigger then Caldwell but it was bigger then what you called too. You were much closer on the winds with light southerly wind most of the day.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”