westside

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
flarob

Westside

Postby flarob » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:13 am

No that wasnt me callin him out that was from a forum here.This guy was totally calling KALA out.too funny couldnt stop laughing bout that.They were fighting over the internet about hawaii culture and were in florida lol.But on to the real subject ,Costa is all ready crowded now.Theres always El savador that place is unreal.I met guys from Cali and Oz and they were telling me dont tell anyone bout this sppot,so afraid it would turn into Costa all over again.Costa is so popular as summer trip here in florida that my little bros highschool was taking a senior trip there staying at a surf camp lol no thks.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:36 am

Why don't you stay at backpackers? Right around the corner from Waimea Bay. And you can walk or hitch to any spot you like. Plus more of the wavelust crew guys can show you around. That's if you're not a kook.
http://www.backpackers-hawaii.com/

flasurf

Westside

Postby flasurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:01 pm

Well im coming in Aug so doint think i wanna go to north shore do i?I was there last july and it was flater than Florida.

jah

Postby jah » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:06 pm

If I'm hearing you correctly then you don't want to go to Costa because of crowds. I haven't been to costa but am going this summer. My impression is that Hawaii far outweighs Costa in the crowd department, even in summer. No?

Costa has more coastline with smaller cities, has to be some places that are less traveled. Of course Tamarindo, Jaco, pavones, etc... are a tourist trap but my Costa Book (yup I'm reading up before I go) says there are some good breaks off the beaten path. I'll confirm in a few months. L^]

Flarob

Westside

Postby Flarob » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:10 pm

Yea jAH Costa im sure isnt near as crowded as summer in hawaii ,i doubt anywhere is as crowded as hawaii but compared to what it used to be its crowded.Check rovercam.com or 2ndlight.com and ask on there forum most everyone has been there from florida .Come over to florida and i'll show u some good uncrowded waves (waves permitting) and anytime but summer here .You dont know what Doldrums is before u spend summer in florida and have big high presure systems sit right on top of us for weeks leting no surf in for sometimes up to 6 weeks then when hurricane season comes have 3 hit my house ,5 hit the state and only handful of good days because they all came at the wrong angle.

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Re: westside

Postby Bud » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:28 pm

flasurf wrote:hey guys im coming over to Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
92-161 Waipahe Place Kapolei, Hawaii 96707

Is there surf within walking distance there?If so, much localizm?>Im not looking forward to getting in touch with Kala or the wolfpack.but i guess that guy is on north shore.Any help will help thks guys.

like some others have mentioned, even at peak season, very very unlikely you will find decent surf within walking distance of Ko olina. unless you luckily time it perfectly for huge swell and good winds, Tracks is about the only game around that area. Tracks is without a doubt, one of the lamest waves around, but I'm glad it's there because sooo many people surf it, & all those people might be out at better spots when it turns on.

You must have a vehicle to take full advantage of all the surf on Oahu. Period.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:44 pm

dont go to the west side unless you plan to snorkle and scuba dive.

hawaii has gotta be the worst "surf trip" destination in the world.

you will never get the FULL experience and SCORE the real deal till you live here a few years , pay your dues and get dialed in.

I've been to Costa Rica 4 times and never a once experience a crowd.

have you ever been there ? the hoes are unreal , and cheap too.

Rob

Westside

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:35 am

Go to Costa now and you see lots of crowds.Exp Hermosa .I wonder how much a trip to Hawaii to Costa would be.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”