Alright go easy on me...

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
UFmatt

Alright go easy on me...

Postby UFmatt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 am

I'm planning my spring break next year and I think I want to come to Oahu. It's my last one before I go into the real world and I have never made the pilgrammage to Hawaii. I have been trying to collect some info but haven't gotten clear responses on one particular area. I'm very aware from the media and other outlets about the localism in Hawaii. I'm by no means going to be an a$$ in the water there, on the contrary I'll try to be extra-courteous. But I realize there are always some people looking to start something, provoked or not. I wanted to get some of you guys' opinions on where to stay away from, and where it's realtively ok to go. My main focus of the one week stay is going to be having fun. I'm from the gulf coast of Florida so if I find a beach that's "just" (to you guys hahah) chest-head high I'll be more than happy to surf my brains out there, thats about as good as it gets here lol. I'm an intermediate surfer, and I'm not looking to land on the cover of a magazine, just have fun while I'm there. I will definitely visit spots like Pipe, Sunset, and Waimea to say I've been there, but no plans on paddling out for me. From what I've read I should stay on the south shore, do you guys have any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any useful advice, and I hope this doesn't get ugly lol!

Matt

UFmatt

Re: Alright go easy on me...

Postby UFmatt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Thanks a lot, I very much appreciate the info. I just want to have as much fun as possible w/out stepping on anyone's toes, and those links will help.

JohhnyUtah

Postby JohhnyUtah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:52 am

pm me when u get here, I'm from Indian Rocks Beach.....i'll take you to some spots.

UFmatt

Postby UFmatt » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Awesome, you don't happen to be on gulfsurfforum do you? Your name looks familiar...

UFmatt

Postby UFmatt » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:01 pm

Alright the tickets just got booked. My mom is harassing me about buying a used board when I get there. She wants me to rent one :roll: and I told her if we're going to Hawaii there is no way I am renting a board. The surfboard shack place in the sticky at the top of the forum, do they usually have a good selection w/ good prices, or should I be browsing the local craigslist? I've been doing both. Also, I usually ride a 6'0" here in Florida, should I bump up a few inches to handle the power of the waves?

UFmatt

Postby UFmatt » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:14 pm

EDIT: Nevermind!

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”