Board Repair tips ?

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
ramone

Board Repair tips ?

Postby ramone » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:41 am

sup
just wondering if anyone had a stress ding fixed recently and if there are any new methods for making the fix stronger?
last snaped board I fixed I used the dimond glass and the side by side added stringer bits, the board is still getting ridden so it must be pretty strong.
But my friends board is only a creased nose so I'm thinking I'll only sand it out and then put a few layers of glass on the top. You think it will be stong enough?

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:30 pm

Nowadays I repair only the minor stuff, if a board has a major damage that's worth repairing I pay a pro to do it ..

If nothing else, you might find some help in this topic http://www.808surfer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=292

ramone

Postby ramone » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:36 am

yeah thanks! I read up on all that.
I talked to a board repair guy that I know and he told me a few more tips about the latest buzz in board repair. I just don't want to pay 70 bucks for a bloody fixed crease which is what that dude up country charged one of my friends.

hey one of my buddies bought a T&C board of ya the other day, he seems to be riding it alright. A tad too heavy for my likings, what is it 4 on the bottom 2 on the top? but the shape is nice for overhead reef waves for sure

:D

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”