Missing?

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register

Missing?

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:02 pm

Has anyone got any information about the girl that went missing last Sunday from Velsey Land?

this in the Star Bulletin

NORTH SHORE
Woman missing after surfing at Velzyland

Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 22-year-old woman who was last seen surfing with friends on the North Shore.
Police said Courtney Marcher, an avid surfer, was at the surf spot Velzyland about 8:45 a.m. Sunday when she told her friends she was going to head into shore. Police said she was not been seen or heard from since.

She is described as 5 feet 7 inches, 160 pounds with an athletic build. Police said she has blonde hair and green eyes. Marcher was wearing a green, two-piece swimming suit and a blue vest at the time she went missing. She has several tattoos: five stars on her left foot and Japanese characters on her lower back.

Anyone with information can call investigator Phil Camero at 529-3394 or CrimeStoppers at 955-8300.

Please see the attachment at the top of this post for a pic. If you've seen her or saw anything give a shout!

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:14 pm

Damn, going on 4 days missing, dosen't look good. Hope she turns up ok, will keep my eyes & ears open

Sokiak

Postby Sokiak » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:07 pm

With missing persons, you always tend to think the worst...

Attractive young haole girl in a bathing suit paddles in alone at a rather secluded surf spot with a bad reputation(ice houses, heavy locals, isolated surf spot)...could lead to a bad situation.

I hope the best for her.

HMARK

Prayers

Postby HMARK » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:45 pm

Prayers out gangy, prayers.

Watch your loved ones.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

maleko

Postby maleko » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:18 am

Puts in a whole new meaning to...If u don't live heah then no surf heah.
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

Postby guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:08 am

maleko wrote:Puts in a whole new meaning to...If u don't live heah then no surf heah.

get a heart, brah.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:51 am

maleko wrote:Puts in a whole new meaning to...If u don't live heah then no surf heah.

yeah maleko that was a pretty fucked up thing to say. the article didn't even say where she was from - if she came from paumalu would that have made it a tragedy to you? or maybe you think she deserved it because she was haole? chances are she's dead, asshole.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:08 pm

Doubt it was some f&*(ed up localism, more likely some sicko SOB. She is from Satellite Beach, Florida and a good kid. Nothing to make fun about dipshit!

solo

Postby solo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:38 pm

now that i think about it, i may have did a fast check on sunday, but was earlier in the day. and i do remember something that MAY be helpful: i remember seeing a NEW security gaurd at the gate, he did not look familiar at all. the thing about him i remember most was he had this look on his face like he was insane, spooky as all hell... younger guy, looked to be south pacific decent, not hawaiian... slightly pockmarked, scarred face. about 5'10", 190 lbs., and WILD looking... i recommend the police check him out, highly...

the only time i've experienced any kind of heat this year at velzyland, maleko, was guys from the westside. they came on over to vland and acted like they owned the damned place, just cause they hawaiian. they were stepping on the toes of those who've surfed there over thirty years. real assholes, you know?

and for those who say the place is icehead infested, they don't know the area... it's always the trasnsients that give the place a bad name. there are definitely good people who live in that area: labs, da ho's, magalenes, rasan, ahui, and the list goes on. there USED to be alot of icehouses down there, but they've been demolished.

i KNEW that fucking wall would've been no good, and here's the first reason. if the wall was NOT there, then the beach would've still been visible from the highway. MAYBE this incident wouldn't have happened???

HPD!!! CHECK OUT THE SECURITY GAURDS, ESPECIALLY THE GUYS WHO WERE ON DUTY THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ride the tiger...

megaprober

Postby megaprober » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:38 pm

you know i always throw those icons when i write there's always one that sums me, but this time not one i can find fits. i've been thinking about this one for a while and i'm pretty sure i surfed with this girl about two months ago at 6ft leftovers and it was an ALLTIME session. i even wrote about it here saying just that. it was me and two guys visiting from new york who were super cool and her. she was just charging at the whoots of us and we were all having a blast. we all chatted a bit and that's what sort of clicked is i think she said she lived up on the north shore and she was fairly new here. anyway she was super nice and had a great attitude and to be honest i was thinking asking to go grab a bite to eat, i actually bocked and couldn't get the nerve. in any case it really disturbs me to think that somebody could ever hurt such a cool person. if anybody wants to walk the woods near the area on saturday i'd be game....who knows maybe something will turn up.
that spot off the h-3 rocks!!!

http://WWW.JUTECAST.COM

maleko

Postby maleko » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:19 pm

this is a website about surfing... you want a missing person bulletin board then visit The HPD website, Americas Most Wanted. com...etc

I don't know the person so why should it bother me? She's 22 . for all you know she could be in Maui or at home in Florida now.. Grow some balls "Guest". A male neighbor reported her missing..not her family.

Then visit CRime Stoppers and report your tips. Your helpful clues will do nothing On Bud's site.

P.S. the news at 6p.m. states that board was found 2 miles offshore by fisherman yesterday. fisherman says he didn't know to report it until 2day. leashed ankle was gone. did the leash snap? or was it cut? Her Mom says she thinks she was abducted. Shark attack on Maui yesterday...girl missing since Sunaday. That's plenny time for a shark to swim island to island. think a shark attack hasn't occured on this island were the person is eatin' ... I have the dates and location to prove.
Last edited by maleko on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solo

Postby solo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:29 pm

true colors...
ride the tiger...

poo-poo on you

Postby poo-poo on you » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:36 pm

maleko wrote:this is a website about surfing... you want a missing person bulletin board then visit The HPD website, Americas Most Wanted. com...etc

I don't know the person so why should it bother me? She's 22 . for all you know she could be in Maui or at home in Florida now.. Grow some balls "Guest". A male neighbor reported her missing..not her family.

Then visit CRime Stoppers and report your tips. Your helpful clues will do nothing On Bud's site.

you are right. news about a surfer that goes missing after surfing has no place on a surfing website.

i am also thoroughly impressed by your logic. if you don't know someone, you should not care about them. you're cool. plus, you included the totally relevant fact that "She's 22." you're smart - the fact that she's 22 is even more reason that no one should care, least of all you.

even more persuasive is that "A male neighbor reported her missing..not her family." that has everything to do with everything.

boy, thanks a lot maleko! i think i'll go grow some balls now, you have inspired me.

maleko

Postby maleko » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:19 pm

poo-poo on you wrote:
maleko wrote:this is a website about surfing... you want a missing person bulletin board then visit The HPD website, Americas Most Wanted. com...etc

you are right. news about a surfer that goes missing after surfing has no place on a surfing website.

i am also thoroughly impressed by your logic. if you don't know someone, you should not care about them. you're cool. plus, you included the totally relevant fact that "She's 22." you're smart - the fact that she's 22 is even more reason that no one should care, least of all you.

even more persuasive is that "A male neighbor reported her missing..not her family." that has everything to do with everything.

boy, thanks a lot maleko! i think i'll go grow some balls now, you have inspired me.

Hey Pookie... Why aren't you concerned about Mr McInnis who died yesterday from loss of blood due to a shark attack???? RIP You wanna be her knight in shining armour??? U got served BIOTCH! :lol:

solo

Postby solo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:04 pm

:roll:
ride the tiger...

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”