Tail Grips

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
surfingislife

Tail Grips

Postby surfingislife » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:50 pm

Hey I was reading the reply to the message about "Tail Grips" and I was wondering were I get a new grip for not to much money and what are the best removers to get your previous tail grip off. The reason I ask is because when I was shreding up Myrtle Beach right after hurricane Isibel and there were like 6-7 foot high waves and when I was surfin' a part of my grip came off and I just want to get it off and get a new grip.
So thanks for all your help in advance.

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:08 pm

Lighter fluid, match, problem solved. :D
Seriously though...lighter fluid takes off gummy stuff, and evaporates 100%. I don't think it f's up epoxy. :wink:
Owoooooooo!!

o

Postby o » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:44 am

rubbing alcohol works and doesn't hurt the glass... maybe that's almost the same stuff as lighter fluid?
in don't think you can get 'cheap' tail pads. always about $30-40 when i've got them.
I like OAM and they seem to stay on as long as it's done properly
Olly

goro

tailgrips

Postby goro » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:59 am

just lost mine too...dunno if this applies to other types of boards since i have a surflight composite, but jeff johnston (the shaper) told me to wet a rag/towel in paint thinner and use it to remove both the glue and any wax in the area...might wanna check if paint thinner might be too harsh for some types of boards though...

Adder

Postby Adder » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:07 pm

acetone

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”