Coming for a few days.

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
MarcB

Coming for a few days.

Postby MarcB » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:07 am

Aloha,

I'm from Florida and we are taking a 10 day vacation in hawaii where we will spend 7 days on Kauai and 3 on Oahu. We will stay at the Lawai Beach Resort in Poipu Beach koloa, kauai.... I will be renting a board and surfing as much as I can. Could you guys tell me a few nice spots to surf at in that general vasinity. Somewhere where I won't get my a$$ kicking by locals... (lol) No but seriously, are the waves decent in that area? I'm not looking to surf pipe or anything crazy like that so I'll be content with "small" waves. Any other info you guys might have would be great as well.... What to do, things not to miss... you know.
THanks

Marc

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:29 am

"Are the waves decent in that area" is kinda vague. Depends, at some point almost any/every spot has potential to be completely flat or huge. Check the forecasts, NWS, etc.

Better to ask around when you get there or IMO, your best best is to drive around and do some searching of your own. Remember we're on islands, no matter how big the swell, you can almost always find something manageable further down/up the coastline. By yourself, low key and common sense you should have no problems.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Hanalei bay is outstanding but extremely crowded. All kinda lil breaks on the north side though just drive and paddle out! good luck.

Rich

Postby Rich » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Last guest post was me.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”