Wipe Out?!!

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
maleko

Wipe Out?!!

Postby maleko » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 pm

word on the coconut wireless is that the surfline cams are next???
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

neosponge

Postby neosponge » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:22 am

Read about this. Pretty sad. This is just vandalism.

If its true about the surf cams, that would be more akin to localism.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:30 am

i dont get it

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:49 am

Anonymous wrote:i dont get it

Besides the stickers plastered all over the sign, in that open space below "Haleiwa" - someone has torn away, removed the wave with a crouched surfer sculpture

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:12 am

I hear those signs are like $10,000 each or something crazy like thqt

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:14 am

stoopid kids.

lak s

Postby lak s » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:58 am

they should just build a tracking device into the next one they stick up there.

they'd probably find someone with a whole collection of them

sloan

Postby sloan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:01 am

Vandals like that oughtta be lynched from the nearest monkey pod tree. That's right up there with mindless, destructive, disrespect shown by keying someone's car.

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:07 am

In situations like this, I've thought that a simple plainly visible sign, something like "THIS AREA SUBJECT TO RECORDED VIDEO SURVEILLANCE" would probably deter most petty criminals. Maybe even a fake vid cam on a telephone pole aimed at it from across the street. But if word or rumor got out thatit was fake

soloman

Postby soloman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:48 pm

howzit...

for those of you bothering to read this, mahalo nui.

i have to say that i was blessed today, heavily. only one of the gems that made today magical was #1, being allowed back on this board; and #2, observing the folks on this board finally agreeing on something other than saltwater...

my hat is off to all who voiced displeasure at the vandalism/burglary(partial) of our beloved signage. i was TOTALLY BLOWN WAY to see that maleko, of all people, leading the charge. i knew there was some love behind that rigid facade. bravo, brother maleko.

oh, and a further update on the sharks cove mall, if i may change the subject. i spoke to a lady that's a dear friend of squiddies wife (the lady that led the lost battle over developing velzyland.) she told me a town meeting would be held tonight at alii beach. she (squiddies wife) feels like this one can be won. she explained the road that will be heavily affected is the one leading up to pupukea heights. research has shown that only SIXTY-ONE cars use the road daily. that is hard science. if they put a mall in the area, studies have indicated the infrastructure cannot maintain the added load. the key being the road.

what about sewage? electricity and water? anyhow, watch the news tonight. if my source is good, we should see something on the tv, 10:00...

again, about the sign, all good ideas. however, as i am often reminded by a few, talk is talk. gotta walk the walk.

imho, talking is a beginning, it gets people aware, wakes 'em up, and even pisses them off. Hawaiians say "words have power, mana..." if discussion provokes thought, it cannot be all bad. the NEXT step is action, my brothers.

are we going to stand by as the Aina gets taken away from the makaainana once AGAIN? are we going to watch as ice heads destroy our neighborhoods and property, and do nothing? that's all i ever tried to do, my brothers. all i want is peace, like everyone else. sometimes, in order to make peace, one needs to truthfully adress all perceptions, biases, myths, and the like. in doing so, we will not always agree, and that's cuz everyone is an individual. i accept that.

but it's nice to know da boyz hearts are in the right place. about the sign, i'ld say a good ole school booby trap would be just fine... the minute you touch the sign, goodnight...

aloha.

maleko

Postby maleko » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:46 pm

solo agrees w/ me for the 2nd time in one day.... the world is about to end :mrgreen:
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

olly

Postby olly » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:23 am

that is bullshit... who are these people??
similar things seem to happen each year as the season begins. it's like people come here and try and make an impression... slapping surf stickers everywhere or stealing memento's... damn rats

soloman

Postby soloman » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:32 pm

i happen to love where i live. i don't care where these guys come from, they are wrong. this is OUR home, and people had better behave if they want to be treated with respect.

the polynesian brotherhood is a powerful, anonymous entity. not organized in the least, except by constantly meeting in the water. these people will greet you with open arms and show you the best time of your life, if you respect. if you no mo' respect, like what happened to the sign, velzyland, malls, etc., den you pay the full price. sorry, but polynesians do NOTHING HALFWAY.

have faith. justice always comes...

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”