North Shore Season

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
bruddahT

North Shore Season

Postby bruddahT » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:34 pm

Is it just me or does it seem that the north shore is slow in getting any swells so far? Usually in september there are some significant swells before the season kicks in in October. I'm comin back home at the end of October and I seriously am hoping for some good swells in the country! What gives? In town side is still firin this late in the summer! 8)
When ya dumb, ya gotta be tough!

neosponge

Postby neosponge » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:49 pm

Eh Bu! You are correct. Think Pat Caldwell keeps stats through the years and has seen that almost all winters start with a double-overhead swell by mid-September. But then again, we did have that unseasonal Country swell in late August

The first big swell last year (that I partook in) was actually 10/4/03:

Pray for surf. Maybe Wedesday.

solout

Postby solout » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:18 am

nah, up to the end of october it can be fickle... normal start of the season, sofar. typical to have theses southies well into november, when the country really starts to fire.

cool your jets, it'll be here in due time. meanwhile, go get some practice in some juice, i'm sure town will fill your cup today...

Rich

Postby Rich » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:25 pm

tell ya what i'm wit chu bruddha t i'm fricken tired of town! frankly pretty much sucked this summer before this swell, and even when town is sizeable it doesn't even compare to the country as far as juice. and town is soooo friggen zood out lately with lb's and human f@#!! buoys(no idea or care of surf etiquette). all in all yes were spoiled in hawaii, and yeah i'm greatful, but man... i miss some solid country swell but not 15 foot pipe. just my thoughts meaning to offend no one. :)

Mokey

Postby Mokey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:13 pm

Rich wrote:tell ya what i'm wit chu bruddha t i'm fricken tired of town!

Silly surfer, Town is for clowns.

(the loclas aren't bad, but you get everything that crawls out of the concrete jungle down there.)

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”