9-11-04

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
HMARK

9-11-04

Postby HMARK » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:13 am

Hey there friends, family of the blessed church of the open sky, fellow stoke-a-maniacs...

Dont want to rain on anyones parade, but if all the boys out there ( wahines too) could take a pause and remeber everyone who perished in the 9/11 disaster. Shit dont die down. Bad stuff. Lotta folks lost loved ones, lovers, children. World is a different place. If you are lucky enuf to surf, and love what it does for your sanity, give a hoot for those who sacrificed without even knowing it.

Being in the Firehouse as a job, does not begin to express the brotherhood you feel tied into. As with surfing, you feel like a elite member of a special group. Sure we got 20 million dollar ballplayers who sit it out w/ a sore shin, while we go into burning buildings for under 50 grand a year, but none can understand the brother(sister) hood that is forged. You eat together, sleep together, know each others problems, marriage shit, how the kids are. As with surfing, the outside world dont understand that shit.

If ya gots the time say a prayer, throw a speck of water to the sky, or whatever floats your boat as thanks to 343 guys who died saving others.

Hey, and ... THANKS.

God Bless you ALL.

:? :roll: :roll:
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:21 pm

Amen.....

I just got done watching a 2 hour documentary on History Channel called "Anatomy of 9/11" the other night watching that shit still brings a welling to my eyes and makes me so mad.

I saw a poll that said 99% of Americans remeber exactly where they were and what they were doing the moment of the attacks or when they heard of them. ---Where were you and what were you doing? I figure since most of you live in HI that you were sleeping but if you werent what were you doing?

Myself I had gotten up about 8 minutes before the first tower was hit and was in the bathroom with CNN playing in the background as I was getting ready for work. Once the news broke I was spell bound and the phone lines were busy nonstop, I was trying to get ahold of my brother in NY, since alot of times after work, he and a few of coworkers would go eat breakfast at WINDOWS IN THE SKY (top floor of one of the towers) since they worked at a bar about 3 blocks away from the WTC. (Thank god they closed early that night and he was actually home sleeping, otherwise he told me later they had planned on earlier that evening they were going to have Breakfast there). Anyway so there I was standing watching tv in my towel listening to the live shot of a CNN commentator on top of a NYC building with the one burning tower in the background when I see this plane entering from the left side of the screen (by this time I had gotten my girlfriend on our cellphones) when I said to her I think that plane is going to hit the building and then boom!!!:cry: I couldnt believe it...Well I am not going to go on any further and bore everyone.

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:48 am

........I first have to say that I can't believe that more people haven't posted a reply to this topic. It has been two years already and have we forgotten the feeling we had seeing the towers destroyed knowing that everyday people were trapped inside? These kinds of attacks are ongoing worldwide now. This "war" is worldwide now. Once I realized it was Sept. 11 (yesterday), I was in reflection all day. I cannot afford to forget. I hope you will reflect too. Peace out

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:00 am

Mychal's Prayer

Lord,
Take me where you want me to go;
Let me meet who you want me to meet;
Tell me what you want me to say,
And keep me out of your way

Fr. Mychal Judge was a Franciscan Priest and Chaplain of the FDNY.
He was killed on September 11, 2001 while administering last rites to a dying firefighter at the foot of the South Tower of the World Trade Center..
This was his prayer.
Last edited by LGREANZ on Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:04 am

Good words HMARK..
It was an awful day. I feel anything I say has been said a billion times.
Be good to each other.
Owoooooooo!!

Rich

Postby Rich » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:45 pm

There's a sign on Pearl harbor next to the ball field and it sais my sentiments and i'm sure all of you... "WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN" and never will.

HMARK

Postby HMARK » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:56 pm

I do not think any of us around on that day will forget. The main reason for our being here is survival. We continue to survive. All of us go about our days doing our shit, working our jobs, providing, loving, caring for those who mean the most to us. We survive.

We do not take the time to think (conciously) about the experience, but we carry it with us daily, maybe we dont hassle the guy in line being a jerk, or have that extra paitience w/ a loved one, we dont spaxz out on the slo-poke in the fast lane - prolly because in that deep dark recess of a walnut we calla brain - we know now that we are a potential target - and in being a target - we cannot take for granted that which we are privy to -

FREEDOM.

LOVED ONES.

SUNSHINE.

SURF.

EACH OTHER.

Call me a ignorant moron if ya want ( just dont call me late for dinner) but I think if any of us have a speck of humanity, we take less for granted. Maybe in the smallest ways, the smallest times, we actually do alotta good.

Hey, best to everybody - hope we get something soon - I am thinking tooo hard.

8)

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:04 am

slap a dap wrote:........ These kinds of attacks are ongoing worldwide now. This "war" is worldwide now. Once I realized it was Sept. 11 (yesterday), I was in reflection all day. I cannot afford to forget. I hope you will reflect too. Peace out

No disrespect, but a correction needs to be made. These acts of terror were going on before Sept.11. Sept. 11 made majority of Americans come out of their fantasy world.

Always be aware of your surroundings.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:25 am

True dat - terrorist happenings have been happening prior to 9-11, but not on the scale of impact that 9-11 had. Not only in the psychi of Americans - but on the world as a whole. I f we neglect to see what has been going on for quite some time - we can damn ourselves to having it happen again -

Be aware of your surroundings is a good starting point - as long as we dont take it to the point of paranoia - police sate - kind shit

Watching out for our fellow man is a garrans good place to start.

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:40 am

......I realize the attacks have been around proir to 9/11. I guess part of my point was that is the new focus or a new world war. And don't fool urselves because it is a war and a global one. The front everywhere and we gota be aware of tha at. It's at home and abroad.

.......so keep an eye out fo dat and an eye fo surf!

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:30 pm

its true be good to yer fellow man an all that yes, and lets not forget, cause the farkin news does about the thousands of people over in iraq/afghan who are helping to build a new country and from most of my fellow military folks navy/marines they'll tell ya that most of those people are just like us with the same desire for freedom and such. I think thats what most of us forget about over here including me involved every day with the day to day.
rich

HMARK

RICH IS RIGHT

Postby HMARK » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:00 am

Amen bro =

We all take it for granted - Mahalos for da sacrifice!

If anyone else can - Thank a Vet for the cause!!!!!!

FlaRob

9/11

Postby FlaRob » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:20 am

No disrespect by posting this but 9/11 was a wake up call for Americans .That most of the Middle East hates us ,Jelously or what they hate us and so do loads of other countrys.But to be real theres alot worse things and easyer for them to do that would really have this country shaking.Its just scary that our coutry ecounmy went falling after that,loss of jobs,businesses everything was crazy for months after.What happens if something worse happens?

solor

Postby solor » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:23 am

my thoughts and prayers to the 343...

more so than that, what about the more than 1000 americans killed in iraq? i work with soldiers on a daily basis, and often receive phone calls from iraq.

these guys will be coming home with some serious post traumatic stress disorders. a whole new generation of vetz without their heads screwed on right... vietnam all over again.

to the soldiers and their families: mahalos... and that goes for everyone who flies our stars and stripes in harms way...

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”