Hurricane Frances

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Flasurfer

Hurricane Frances

Postby Flasurfer » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:11 am

Hey guys just got back from hawaii couple weeks ago and already had two hurricanes in Aug.Only thing is good is the surf today already filling in at Central Florida beaches.Try to get some good photos for u if this thing doesnt take my house too.Enjoy paridise in hawaii.Rob

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:03 am

slapps...your brother??

sloan

Postby sloan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:15 pm

I'm here in miami beach visiting my parents. No sign of surf down here, I guess the bahamas are blocking any swell. My flight back to oahu on sunday is suspect at best. At least we got a lotta wine and beer for ye ole' hurricane party...

- schlumpf

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:15 pm

......party well sloan! You just might get lucky!

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:12 am

During the last 21 days we have had almost non stop perfect long lines of huricane produced swell, all these hurricanes you have been hearing about in the news just march on past P. R. , poor FL. keep your heads down, Ivan looks like it gonna be a bitch.

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:12 pm

any pr pics?
Why Wouldn't Ya?

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:03 pm

I got a bunch of photos, problem is since I moved to the new apt. the telephone company still hasnt installed the phone and DSL, thats life in the islands 2months and counting.....The only reason I have been able to post on the forum is every few days I stop by the computer lab post a few messages and then log off. Hopefully I'll have internet by next week, I called the phone company and they swear I am on the work order for next week.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:19 pm

http://www.surfline.com/video/vids/2004 ... ach_wm.cfm
Here is a vid from So. Beach Miami. I think this was when Frances was bearing down on them.

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:19 pm

Fun stuffs! I can't believe they were trying to boot people out of the surf...damn! Can you imagine if they pulled that at Sandys or sumpin?
Owoooooooo!!

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:57 pm

"visiting Florida pro Peter Mendia compared it to eight-foot Off the Wall on the North Shore. It was one the best spots on the whole East Coast'

yeah def look sfun.... but damn, if he's talking about the waves in that vid, I wonder if this Mendina person has actually ever surfed 8' off the wall? I'd call those waves 3, maybe some 4' at the peaks

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:10 pm

........that has to be of the most horrific surfing I've ever seen!! Bunch a beeeeeeeeoches! I mean pull in already. Don't think there will be any world class surfers coming out of Miami any time soon. Better stick to the clubs!

acrorrusd

Postby acrorrusd » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:12 pm

LMAO!!! yeah those Miami guys could barely drop in. LOL here is a vid from the Gulfcoast during Ivan.
http://www.gulfster.com/graphics/Ivan91 ... hJetty.mpg
And here is a link to mor Gulf pics, and vids.
http://gulfster.com/
Some of the best waves we have seen in a long while. I know it's not what you all surf, but when you live on the Gulf, it's all we got :) .

Adder

Postby Adder » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:02 pm

yeah the gulf is a weird place, gotta enjoy what you get.
those pics i posted were from the tropical storm this last weekend, at matagorda texas.
not bad for surfing in warm chocolate milk-looking water!
:P

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”