Surfing and Politics

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
blahlah

Surfing and Politics

Postby blahlah » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:56 am

Sorry if this is too off-topic, I just thought some of you would get a kick out of this interview with Women's Longboarding Champ Daize Shayne about her appearence at the Republican National Convention from surfingthemag.com [url]http://surfingthemag.com/pulse/08_26_04_daize_gop/

[/url]

My favorite quote:

Daize: I'm voting for Bush because he prays, he believes in traditional marriage, and he loves God, and I love God too. If there was a different Democrat I might vote for him, but with politics you can't win with anyone, so I don't even know why we're talking about it.

Surfing Mag: Well, we're talking about it because you're playing at the Republican National Convention.

Daize: Yeah, okay, I know. I support a president that prays. And there's a lot of things about Kerry that, as I look into it I'm, like, I would never vote for this guy.

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:22 am

.........WOW, she's deep! Should never let pro surfers talk. Just surf! :shock:

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Yesterday, VP Cheney states his daughter is a lesbian and he supports gay marriages or whatever you call them. How's that for a slap in the face for Bush! :shock:

Daize must be a coke head too, Bush did that in college :lol:

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:29 pm

Dear President Bush:

I have recently returned from Hawaii and Alaska--our two newest states, whose citizens rarely have seen a Presidential nominee from the two major Parties. Overwhelmingly, they want to have you and John Kerry visit their states.

When I ask why they have been denied such campaign visits every four years, replies range from feeling disrespected to believing themselves too faraway for your jets. Mostly, they suspect it's because Hawaii is easily in the Democratic column and Alaska is easily in the Republican column. They sense that you and John Kerry conclude, "Why bother?"

I urge you to visit the largest state in our country, laden with hardy people. Our beautiful Hawaiian Islands, whose residents are surrounded by oceanic resources and ecology, are equally deserving of your attention.

If you wish an expression of their desire to see and question you, perhaps petition drives can be stimulated to bolster the popular demand, with the help of talk radio hosts, newspapers, and television stations in these two Presidentially-neglected states.

What do you say to the people of Alaska and Hawaii?

Sincerely,

Ralph Nader

Mr. Mackey

Postby Mr. Mackey » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:39 pm

Dear Solo,
I read your open letter in the off topic section. What are you going to do about it? Beside rant and rage? I sincerely hope you plan on voting this November, if not you're part of the problem. Have you contacted any of your State Reps.? Maybe you should vote for Nader?

An End to the War on Drugs — Responsible & Rehabilitation Focused Drug Policy
The drug war has failed – we spend nearly $50 billion annually on the drug war and problems related to drug abuse continue to worsen. We need to acknowledge that drug abuse is a health problem with social and economic consequences. Therefore, the solutions are – public health, social services and economic development and tender supportive time with addicts in our depersonalized society. Law enforcement should be at the edges of drug control not at the center. It is time to bring some illegal drugs within the law by regulating, taxing and controlling them. Ending the drug war will dramatically reduce street crime, violence and homicides related to underground drug dealing.

Sincerely,
Concerned Citizen

HMARK

And now my fave subject...

Postby HMARK » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:57 pm

Politics - Is it really something deserving for the BB? Waste of time if ya ask me. No one gives a shit - well they do but unfortunaely they do not vote - I f you do not vote - Sorry if it offends - SHUT THE FUCK UP - Cause you damn well should. If you are 18 you should voice your opinion, by voting. ( PERIOD ) EXCLAMTION POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna know a real leader - read a bio on Harry S Truman. Real American. Real President. No fucking around. This Prez was the real deal. he did everything the MAN in office should do. Stright shooter, and a real AMERICAN that understood his times to boot, try to get q MAN like him now. His history, and life will not be duplicated by any fuckwads we elect.

The Man had some serious Ala's....

I shit you not.

Politics aside - we aint gonna see a MAN like him again. Bummers.

:cry:
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

stoopid

Postby stoopid » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:54 am

who is more stoopid? daize shane or the person that takes the time to quote her?

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:21 am

Hmark--too lazy to look it up, even though it might take only 30 secs on the internet, but if i remember history class correctly , President Truman wasnt elected, but became Pres after Roosevelt died. And when Roosevelt picked him, he was picked for the very reason they figured him for a putz that would stay out of the way and the limelight. Truman was kept out of the loop on basically every national security issue. It was only afterwards that like you said we got to see the man that shot straight with big brass ones to back it up.

[[[[[During his few weeks as Vice President, Harry S Truman scarcely saw President Roosevelt, and received no briefing on the development of the atomic bomb or the unfolding difficulties with Soviet Russia. Suddenly these and a host of other wartime problems became Truman's to solve when, on April 12, 1945, he became President. He told reporters, "I felt like the moon, the stars, and all the planets had fallen on me."]]]]]

HMARK

X act a mundo PRS

Postby HMARK » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:43 am

PRS - you are totally correct on HST - he fell into the job via FDR death. And they did fiigger him for a putz - No one else would take the job of 2nd fiddle to FDR - But HST took it, and became ( my opinion ) THE BEST DAMN PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD. Not to be duplicated. Humble guy. Ferocious American. Backer of the working man. Fighter for Equal ( not seperate ) rights. Creator of NATO. Dropper of THE BOMB - ( to STOP the killing ) .... Dont get me started on the fine points of that one - Ill need another page and then some.

Harry S Truman - what we need now. ( But not going get !!! )

:roll:

blahlah

Postby blahlah » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:52 am

stoopid wrote:who is more stoopid? daize shane or the person that takes the time to quote her?

i just thought the quote was funny, it takes about 2 seconds to cut and paste. and i never said she was "stoopid," i just thought it was a funny quote - everybody misspeaks from time to time, I don't necessarily think that makes them "stoopid."

geesh, tough crowd around here, it was never my intention to start a political debate, just to give people a laugh if they had a similar sense of humor.

:roll:

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 am

Ignore your detractors blah, I thought it was funny too.

HMARK

Blah

Postby HMARK » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:09 am

I like innaressing, stoooooopid stuffs.

'Cause I am stooopid and UN- Innnaresssing.

Screw 'em B - Its a good one.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

blahlah

Postby blahlah » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:15 am

thanks hmark and PRS :D

i think bud's site is getting enough off-topic comments as it is, tho, so perhaps i should stick to my occasional comments and inquiries as to surf in the AH area. :D

happy monday all,
blah

maleko

my favorit Bush quote...

Postby maleko » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:58 pm

Bush quote #1, "the war in iraq is a catastrophic success!"
#2, "we will never win the war on terror."

now everybody pray for surf.
(took off link, because star bullentin changed the story)
Last edited by maleko on Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:25 pm

........kewl story maleks. Kinda mirrors the story of Moses, in meaning that is.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”