Surf training

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:34 am

VASA trainer

Stick, what is the VASA? never heard of it....
Though shall be nice to everything that moves 8)

wailupeguy

Postby wailupeguy » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:24 pm

u should try and paddleboard. its a hassle to get one, but its tons of fun. a bunch of big wave guys do it in the summer, so maybe someday it will rub off, but until then, at least i will be physically in shape rather than mentally ready for those big olas. cause mental things is sometimes more important...

sbmfj

Postby sbmfj » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:32 pm

vasa here it is...

looks cool, but kinda pricey i guess....

http://www.vasatrainer.com/mysport/surfing.php

wtf is a pattleboard?

solo

Postby solo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:14 pm

vasa trainer sounds good, especially for bad weather days...

nothing beats being IN the water, doing something, however. that's my slant. swimming, by far, should be at the very top of everyones list, i feel.

imagin e yourself in any worse case scenario... chances are, your swimming skill and conditioning will be the deciding factor betweeen life and death. leashes break all the time...
ride the tiger...

stickman

Postby stickman » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:24 pm

Hey Jah,

If you haven't checked out the website yet, the VASA is a machine that use the resistance priciple to offer you an exercise (one of many) that pretty closely mimics the swimming/surfing paddling motion to help you keep or boost your current stamina level in the water. I gues you'd have to get on the damn thing occasionally for it to have any benefits. Still thinking about it. Cya.

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:25 am

i agree solo, swimming for that very reason. unfortunately i don't heed my own advice, i'll start! Hey, swam a few laps the other day!

I gues you'd have to get on the damn thing occasionally for it to have any benefits.

that's usually my problem stick. got bikes and running shoes and other things but the only thing that gets used frequent is my surfboard!! :)
except the past 2 months..lol
Though shall be nice to everything that moves 8)

lazy solo

Postby lazy solo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:48 am

jahmeister nailed it.

i think nike said it best:

JUST (FOKING) SURF IT!!!

thinking never got anyone in shape.

do it hard, do it smart, and do it CONSTANTLY!!!

TRAIN TO DOMINATE... :twisted:

solaceseeker

Postby solaceseeker » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:01 pm

dat was me w/o medication on der last post. i have since rectumfied der sicha ashun. its cool... :shock:

maleko

Postby maleko » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:28 pm

forgot to mention how i keep in paddling shape when i'm not in the water.
i use 10lb weights and do paddling motions with them. about 100 reps or until my arms get tired.
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

solo

Postby solo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:14 am

i say in less than 4-6 weeks, we shall witness the awakening of of the ever reverent country. i cannot wait, really.

i'm already foaming at the mouth, waiting for dem REAL WAVES after the summer bummer drought...

however, the more i jonesing, the more the chi, the mana, builds, stacks up. i save this.

one more month, ladies and gentlemen. yeah, kooks too. you'll be there. class starts in one month :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”