looking for surf partner

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
solobone22

looking for surf partner

Postby solobone22 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:16 am

I live near salt lake and am looking for someone to surf with...will surf anywhere. solobone22@aol.com

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:33 am

Finding a surf partner on Oahu can be tough (at least for me). You need to find someone who is on your same or very similar skill and experience level, who likes to surf the same kinds of spots/ has the same crowd tolerance levels.

I usually end up surfing alone, or just meet people there, otherwsie you end feeling like you are not surfing the best possible spot for your abilities. Everyone has thier own idea of "the perfect session," or "a good spot" and it is remarkably different for each person.
Why Wouldn't Ya?

Thebigz0

Postby Thebigz0 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:51 am

surfer9joe wrote:Finding a surf partner on Oahu can be tough (at least for me). You need to find someone who is on your same or very similar skill and experience level, who likes to surf the same kinds of spots/ has the same crowd tolerance levels.

I usually end up surfing alone, or just meet people there, otherwsie you end feeling like you are not surfing the best possible spot for your abilities. Everyone has thier own idea of "the perfect session," or "a good spot" and it is remarkably different for each person.

What he said.

solobone22

Surf Partner

Postby solobone22 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:20 pm

In that case....been surfing Oahu for 2 years, been surfing total of 12 years. Like reef and beach breaks. Hollow and fast is my favorite but I like surfing lots of different waves. Don't mind paddling, walking...whatever. The milder the crowd the better, but can surf in crowds if neccesary. Am regular-foot shortboarder. Anybody wanna surf???

maleko

my 2 dumb questions

Postby maleko » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:33 pm

haven't you made any friends where you normally surf? i mean don't you think it's kinda weird putting out a personal?

goodluck :D
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

solobone22

Postby solobone22 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:44 am

Yeah it is wierd but the guys I usually surf with do not surf as much as I do or they only surf 1 spot. Surfing by myself all the time is getting a bit sketchy.

sloan

Postby sloan » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:11 am

Hey I'm always willing to meet up with people. I have afternoons off whereas my friends have more "normal" hours, so most of the time I gotta go by myself. shortboard, longboard, bodyboard... depending on the waves, conditions and what I'm feeling like.

- schlumpf

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:49 pm

S9J you hit the nail on the head
but pretty soon we'll be gettin osme good ones
I'm work the evening shift now
so if the surf is up I'll be on it somewhere before work.
Gonna be busy for a few weeks then goin on a trip
but come Sept.
It'll be on !!!
lets hook up.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”