GEOLOGIC QUESTIONS FOR THE MEGAPROBER

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
megaprober

GEOLOGIC QUESTIONS FOR THE MEGAPROBER

Postby megaprober » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:17 pm

:D ANY QUESTION ABOUT GEOLOGY IS FINE....ALLTHOUGH THE BET IS WITH EMPHASIS ON HAWAII. NO QUESTION IS A BAD ONE AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER AS MANY AS I CAN. IF YOU SEND ONE THAT I CAN'T ANSWER WITH CONFIDENCE.....I'M A MAN AND WILL GLADFULLY BOW DOWN AND ACKNOWLEGDE DEFEAT....ALTHOUGH I WILL EXPECT AN ANSWER FRON THE PERSON ASKING!!! NEW BRAINS ARE ALWAYS GREAT TO PICK.
that spot off the h-3 rocks!!!

http://WWW.JUTECAST.COM

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:55 pm

(CAPSLOCK FOR THE PROBER) ;)

OK ROCKDUDE, WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH RED DIRT!? PLEASE 'SPLAIN WHY IT IS WHERE IT'S AT AND WHY IT'S NOT WHERE IT'S NOT. E.G., WHY IS IT SO PREVALENT IN SOME AREAS AND NOT IN OTHERS. WHAT BE THE PROPERTIES SO CAN TRY FIGGA WHAT BE THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN THAT CRAP

MY (3/4 JAPANEESE+1/4 HAOLE) KEEDS FEET GETTING PERMANENTLY STAINED RED (HE NO LIKE WEH SLIPPA), RED DUST BLOWING ALL THE TIME AND MY HOUSE INSIDE & OUT FIGHT EVERY DAY TO KEEP THE RED INK FROM GETTING EVERYWHERE
Last edited by Bud on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

maleko(n.l.i)

Postby maleko(n.l.i) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:02 pm

WHY ARE YOU A PAT CALDWELL WANNABE? it has nothing to do with geology

answer, because i think you are way to into yourself,and any fool, including me, can visit the NOAA website and see when the next swell is :P or call 596-surf :P

nobody

Postby nobody » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:05 am

maleko, why don't you have your lips stitched together? everytime you talk/speak/type only shit comes out your mouth. megaprobster isn't offerring surf forecasts, dumbass.

megster,
question: i understand that volcanic islands suffer from a lot of landslides. and, this is the reason why we have cliffs as part of our island geology. the kalaupapa sea cliffs for example.

my question is this: is there any areas where geologists have identified as a potential landslide area??? i mean major kine, like na pali on kauai, or any of the cliffs on northern molokai???

mahalos. btw, fuck that guy from the westside, he's a jerk...

megaprober

Postby megaprober » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:14 am

:?: SORRRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I JUST USE THEM FREQUENTLY ON MY WEB SITE BECAUSE THEY ARE EASIER TO SEE....PROBLEM IS I FORGET TO TURN THEM OFF.

RED DIRT
bud the answer is simple and it's called rust. when basaltic lava rock breaks down one of the predominent components is iron. hawaiian lavas are rich in magentite or ilmenite and often hemetite. these iron rich minerals break down into clays and as they do they continually oxidize and the chemical breakdown results in rust. the ground actually is full of rusted minerals. the only real place you can make a distinguised line between rocks that have reached this point and those that haven't would be on the big island. the red dirt is definitely function of age and all the other islands are old enough to have mass quantities of it. on the big island the lavas produced by hualalai, mauna loa and kilauea are all less than 50,000 years and most of these montains have been resurfaced in the last 10,000 years and these mountains have none, so it is liklely that it takes at least 100,000 years or more to accumulate a good clay layer and since most lavas on mauna kea and kohala are older than 65,000 years near the base they are rich in the red dirt. obviously oahu's volcanoes, the koolau at 2.7 million (ma) and the waianae at 3.4ma are loaded with the stuff. so bud remove the rust and you're in business

maleko

Postby maleko » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:24 am

nobody wrote:maleko, why don't you have your lips stitched together? everytime you talk/speak/type only shit comes out your mouth. megaprobster isn't offerring surf forecasts, dumbass.

keep kissing his ass and visit his gay website jutecast
Everybody talkin, talkin , talkin dat trash

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:31 am

Thanks Mega, well put, makes sense and fills in some gaps/confirms some stuff (iron) that I had heard before.

nobody

Postby nobody » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:32 am

hey there, maleky!!!

oh, i've seen you've made yet another enemy on this island, that being the megaprobster.

lemme make something perfectly clear: i don't kiss ANY ass. but, i'll gladly kick the shit out of yours!!!! :lol:

if you don't agreee with the man, just shut up. always remember that everyone on this site hates your fucking guts.

got that??? i didn't think so. can't educate a rock...

maleko

Postby maleko » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:39 am

my last reply to nobody, i thought you said you would never come back to the site?remember? :P

nobody

Postby nobody » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:50 am

look at the moelepo, talking to nobody???

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:50 am

In my geology class i learned that the hawaiian islands were built from hot spots, volcanoes and earthquakes.

What is the potential that there could be a major massive geologic event
( earthquake), and the entire island chain of hawaii would hawaii sink below sealevel in a matter of minutes and our entire population is lost at sea ?

megaprober

Postby megaprober » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:53 am

:x i apologize to anybody that finds this offensive. i wrote the kaena point article just as a point of discussion not as i favor it. anyway i've tried treating this melako or maleko or falaful o whatever the fuck his made up name is with respect and have in no way tried to provoke him out of spite. obviously some people are mature and can play, others have chronic anger issues or have not made it past the age of 14. whatever the case i now realise we have our own genuine disfunctional child in our family here at wavelust. we all need to come togther and help our poor confused lost child melakakilo find some professional help and when he writes his sinister infantile letters we must remember he is only reaching out for our affection. like your parents once said to you "melakalilo they only make fun of you because they like you".

having said that YOU CAN SUCK A FART OUT OF MY ASS.

maleko

Postby maleko » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:56 am

that took along time for ya to think up megadick :P

nobody

Postby nobody » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:56 am

RIGHT ON MEGAPROBSTER!!!!!!

NOBODY

Postby NOBODY » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:57 am

MALEKO, QQQQ!!!!!