karma, long term kine

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
nobody

karma, long term kine

Postby nobody » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:09 am

this past swell i had mucho time to reflect on the past, about friends and people i'ld known, how they were back then and where they are now.

for the most part, i was a kook in the seventies and early eighties, or at least that was how i was treated by 99% of my "surfing freinds". however, i had wheels and they didn't, so you know they loved to hang with me (NOT EVEN).

as soon as they got their wheels, these assholes were nowhere to be found, they forgot who i was. so off they went into their lives, most living on the edge or in the fast lane. me? i had a wife and kids, so i was forced to take the military route.

now, 10 years after i've retired from military service, i have a chance to reflect... most of those who looked down their noses at me as i was trying to be a friend are now destitute, broke, in poor health due to drugs, homeless, or something in that vein.

they say,"living well is the best revenge." i highly agree.

to all you assholes who used me for my car when i was younger, you got yours now: HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE KOOK, NOW?

clarence?
binky?
dino?

ps- is there computers in OCCC???

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad your back
I think i can speak for us all to say that we've missed your colorful commentary.

HMARK

Karmakamelion

Postby HMARK » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:20 pm

Somehow the thought of instant karma always sounds like a good thing, but if it was reversed for myself, I highly doubt I would still be here. It is always a bummer to be used for what you either have in a advantage, or used in anyway by "friends".

My own personal definition of a friend would be pharsed somewhat like this - "If the demons were at my door, and I needed support, who would I call on, and would I know they would respond?" - If the answer is Yes, they would come, (no if's ands buts) That is a friend.

More so we have "acquaintences" people we either know, or have to deal with, most often, we would not depend on 'em. Few folks fall into the Friend category. It takes a lifetime to develope true friendship, and most people dont have that much care to spare.

Peoples situation and station in life sometimes shows the true colors - You cant get away with being a bullshitter forever. And what goes around for sure does come around - - Perhaps unfairly at times too.

Have a good surf.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Samsara

grudges

Postby Samsara » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:31 pm

at any rate, i do not hold grudges. bad for the soul.
This quote comes from NOBODY

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Re: Uemura's turnaround from drugs

Postby Bud » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:27 pm

Yeah, the China I knew back in the late 70's early 80's was the 'tough-guy' enforcer crew. I had enough friends in that crowd so never had any probs myself though. Was always cool to me, but he really turned around like the article says. Could do (still does) amazing things with a longboard.

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:59 pm

Nobody..I (think) I undestand yer feelings. I went Roosevelt, and plany of da Papakolea boyz had my #. Saw some of them years later and many had fallen to low places. At first I was all, "Haha fricka..Who's laughing now?"...But then I realized was only a bummer. I'd gotten over the stoopid high school stuff...these poor bastards had lost so much life. Poverty and racism had worked against them from their 1st breath. If a few of the stupid choices I'd made went a little south..there I would stand. There is no positive gain in the misery of others. I think age (of which I've got to much) has taught me one thing for sure...
We all gotta look out for each other, as much can.
Aloha!
Owoooooooo!!

nobody

Postby nobody » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:27 am

true, we shouldn't hold grudges nor take pleasure in anothers unfortunate circumstances.

it's just that there were these two guys who i thought were my friends early in life. these guys abused me like i was their stooge. but i kept hanging with them cause i desired their freindship.

those fuckers always managed to ditch me somehow. eventually, i got the message.

shift to this past weekend, good swell going on. i see one of those guys at the beach, homeless, jobless, no money, and strung out on ice. NOW, HE WANTS ME TO HANG OUT, JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

i'm so very sorry freinds, but the truth be told, i took the greatest pleasure in telling him i had things to do, which i did not. so kill me...

Jahsurfs

Postby Jahsurfs » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:43 am

shift to this past weekend, good swell going on. i see one of those guys at the beach, homeless, jobless, no money, and strung out on ice. NOW, HE WANTS ME TO HANG OUT, JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

Now I understand a little better. I think most people would have some sort of similar feelings in this case. I think it's not a bad thing if you feel proud of your choices in life and be thankful they did ditch you. Just think, when they ditched you they could have been going to score some of the "hard" drugs, which eventually led to their demise!!

Glass half full... you are probably better off these guys felt too cool at the time, it definitely kept you away from the wrong crowd in the long run. But I understand when we're young it doesn't always seem like things are going the way we want but looking back on this situation, i'm glad they did ditch you cause I and the rest of Bud's BB would probably never have met you if things went different.....

Plus those guys probably haven't surfed in eons because of their choices...

Binky

Re: karma, long term kine

Postby Binky » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:57 pm

nobody wrote:this past swell i had mucho time to reflect on the past, about friends and people i'ld known, how they were back then and where they are now.

ps- is there computers in OCCC???

Yes, there are computers in OCCC. Only available to inmates that are behaving.

Solo, I guess your still the same KOOK you were back in High School, sitting in the channel and claiming the shoulder :lol: We stopped riding with ya when Clarence got that bad-ass GTO. You were always invited but you told us everytime that you were busy with other things.

Your friend,
Binky (Dino is sweeping the halls right now)

guest of a guest...

Postby guest of a guest... » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:13 pm

I'm calling bluff on binky...someone messin' around.

solar

Postby solar » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:31 pm

seems to me maleko was right in a coupla things:

1) on-line fighting is senseless, situation never get resolved.
2) i am a bigot.
3) i am a psycho (right rich?)
4) i am a kook.

i just wanted to share an observation, then i'll SHUT-UP (believe it or not): seems to me there were quite a few guests having some pretty pointed things to say. why did these people choose to remain anonymous?
SIMPLE. those anon guests were too easily identifiable from there on-line handle. had they used their real handles, we woulda known who was talking. let's see, through the process of deduction, there are only a few peep that could be. hmmmmmmmmmmmm???

gutless.

there are enough of you out there who know who i really am, do you see me posting anonymously? i stand by my opinions, not like some of you. tell you what, i'ld rather be psycho than a pussy who posts anonymously.

but, i realize most of you didn't even read this far. i just wanted to ay that if you realize i have issues, and you push my buttons, then who is the instigator? what ever happened to defending yourself?

the problem with the world today is accountability, and the LACK thereof: we have a commander in chief that misleads his own country, then expects us to believe his bull. we have athletes who have nothing construcctive to offer this world except entertainment, yet they reap the benefits that should be reserved for those who sacrifice their lives in selfless service. bus drivers make more than policeman, fireman, and teachers... we have a state that is the biggest contributor to las vegas, but doesn't approve of legalized gambling. HYPOCRITES, THE WORL IS FULL OF THEM.

seriously, i see no hope for the human race. with all the wealth and technology this word has to offer, we still can't feed the poor or house the homeless. our greatest accomplishments comes in the develpment of weapons. we eradicate so amny forms of wildlife, without a second thought. even our religion (man-made) instills in us that we're the dominant creatues in the world, so VAIN.

anyway, i don't care, and i'm crazy. SO PLEASE, DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. nothing really matters anyhow, life is a joke...

PUHI

Postby PUHI » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:43 pm

why did these people choose to remain anonymous?
SIMPLE. those anon guests were too easily identifiable from there on-line handle. had they used their real handles, we woulda known who was talking. let's see, through the process of deduction, there are only a few peep that could be. hmmmmmmmmmmmm???

gutless.

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: This coming from a "keikikane" ("GIRLIEMAN")

Solo, aka: solar, myself (puhi),nobody, regulator, umm...damn the list goes on and on. My next handle should be "gutless".

solo too lazy to log in

Postby solo too lazy to log in » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:50 pm

there are enough of you out there who know who i really am, do you see me posting anonymously?

Damn :!: I've been busted :oops:

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:59 pm

Solo, The absolute best thing to do is ignore those who are upsetting online. (and talk some surf too)

Maleko, this isn't talking about you.

From "Internet Trolls":
What Not to Do Top
As already stated, it is futile to try to "cure" a troll of his obsession. But perhaps you simply cannot bear the hostile environment that the troll is creating and want to go away for a while.

If you do that, then for the sake of the others on the system, please do not post a dramatic "Goodbye!" message. This convinces the troll that he is winning the battle. There is, perhaps, no message you can write on a message system that is as damaging as an announcement that you are leaving because of the hostility that the troll has kindled.

also:
Impersonation
One technique used by trolls to generate chaos is to pretend to be a well-liked person. On some systems there is nothing to prevent somebody from signing your name to a distasteful message.

One more:
Why Do They Do It? Top
Affirmation.

Regular net users know how delightful it is when somebody responds to something they have written. It is a meeting of the minds, which is an intellectual thrill, but it is also an acknowledgement of one's value — and that can be a very satisfying emotional reward.

Trolls crave attention, and they care not whether it is positive or negative. They see the Internet as a mirror into which they can gaze in narcissistic rapture.

[/b]
Why Wouldn't Ya?

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”