"more than 100 wanna-be surfers"

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:10 am

Well look at the size of the girl being dragged in, she shouldnt have even been allowed to rent a board in the first place, considering the conditions.

Selke

Postby Selke » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:04 pm

God, aren't you nice!

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:41 pm

Really though, that woman and 100 of her non-surfing, terribly out of shape, landlocked brethren shouldn't have been rented boards on this day. Conditions were rough, and the waves were pretty large. The Beachboys (the guys who rent boards) on the beach should have really cautioned her about trying to surf alone, and maybe she wouldn't have had to be rescued. What if she'd drowned? You know they were all just out to make some $ of the tourista, with little or no regard for the consequences...
Oh well...welcome to Waikiki.....
Owoooooooo!!

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:02 pm

Ok Selke let me rephrase myself, even if you were a Navy Seal. If you have no idea how to surf, then no way in hell should you be out in 8-12 foot waves.

Granted it probably waas only 3-5 foot at the wimpier breaks in Waikiki, but to a novice, even a 3 foot wave can knock you for a loop.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:59 pm

da beach boys are pretty usless when it comes to lifeguarding.
i help treat alot of novice surfers at my job after they get injured surfing its happened more then once where the dude who took them surfing then dips out on them to avoid being responsible.

Selke

Postby Selke » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:33 am

Puerto_Rico_Surfer wrote:Ok Selke let me rephrase myself, even if you were a Navy Seal. If you have no idea how to surf, then no way in hell should you be out in 8-12 foot waves.

Granted it probably waas only 3-5 foot at the wimpier breaks in Waikiki, but to a novice, even a 3 foot wave can knock you for a loop.

:D

Yer grand, I know what you mean! Even some one half the weight of that lady that never surfed before would be in the same boat. You just phrased it very badly! :lol:

Jahsurfs!

Postby Jahsurfs! » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:23 am

Some things never cease to amaze me! There should seriously be some guidelines put in place for the rental of boards to non-surfers, even surfers for that fact. What does bud always say? "CROWD CONTROL" hahaha, seriously though.
Though shall be nice to everything that moves 8)

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”