Cameras In The Water

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Threesshortboarder

Cameras In The Water

Postby Threesshortboarder » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:54 pm

The BEST thing about the photographers in the water is that they CATCH those people who are CONSISTANTLY riding in FRONT of others. It MUST be embarassing to see yourself ALWAYS in FRONT of others on the waves. I believe that. as these OFFENDERS see themselves, as they REALLY are...they will change their evil ways and become much better surfers.

maleko(N.L.I)

Heineken

Postby maleko(N.L.I) » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:51 pm

Hopefully you're right :)

I think the main problem(not really a problem) is that surfer "closest to the curl" has become a serious PUSSY.(cuz of lawsuits)

i see in videos like 5 SUMMER STORIES, surfers spearing their boards into the rider in front, and in the certain areas of O'ahu people hooting for you to get off their wave. if you don't, that surfer will definitely tell you what you did wrong, yell at you if necessary, or even smack you around a bit if you're too dumb to understand what you did wrong & want to mouth off.

if you aren't doing the above you'll be dropped in on everytime. violence isn't the answer, but if you stand up for what you believe, surfer's will definitely get out of your way
trust me, i surf some areas well known for some crazy shiznit
NO DROP IN!

(disclaimer) had a few beers tonight 8)

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:16 pm

I always trip out on how many drop ins JB catches on film....another reason I avoid "bowels" at all costs

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:57 am

maleko, its a shame u and I never hooked up for a surf seesion. Plus I would have loved to gone out for a surf on the westside.
I just realized you are very much like me :wink: No one drops-in on me, hehehe. Just a matter of sticking up foryourself. Right?
Unless of couse it is Johnny Boy then discretion is the better part of valor. Or beter yet make friends with the offender and then they cant drop in on you so blatantly.

maleko(n.l.i)

Postby maleko(n.l.i) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:22 pm

Puerto_Rico_Surfer wrote:maleko, its a shame u and I never hooked up for a surf seesion. Plus I would have loved to gone out for a surf on the westside.
I just realized you are very much like me :wink: No one drops-in on me, hehehe. Just a matter of sticking up foryourself. Right?
Unless of couse it is Johnny Boy then discretion is the better part of valor. Or beter yet make friends with the offender and then they cant drop in on you so blatantly.

Just let me know when you're planning on coming. (anyone else too)

as far as JBG and many others(i won't name any names cuz i don't want to get slapped around) you're right on...they've dropped in on me on occasion, but there has been plenty of times when i was in the right spot and 1 of them yelled "GO" to me. you bettah believe i went, cuz if i hadn't, they would've lost all respect for me...

jah (NLI)

Postby jah (NLI) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:17 am

but there has been plenty of times when i was in the right spot and 1 of them yelled "GO" to me. you bettah believe i went, cuz if i hadn't, they would've lost all respect for me...

Agree with that, although JBG has never cheered me into a wave. :lol:
If that happens ya gotta go, even if you get pitched, thrashed and your arse handed to you, at least that deserves a little bit of respect vs. not dropping in at all. Just what I've encountered in the past.

Maleko, I'd like to hit you up when I head back out that way. I still have dreams about that little point that you surf, can't believe the set up, nothing big though, need to warm up to the islands power. 8)

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”