cameras and crowds

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Kelly7873

Postby Kelly7873 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:02 pm

What I've learned from my feud with JB is that the majority, perhaps even the vast majority of surfers do believe that he is providing a service. I find it unbelievable the number of people who will buy every shot JB takes of them. I had the funniest thing happen when I was on the beach at Jocko's. The wife of one of JB's customers told me that her husband couldn't be seen talking to me anymore because they "NEEDED" his pictures. It's not so funny that some people will ask me how to "download" the pictures from Jamie's site and when I tell them, which I can in 3 words, they run over and tell Jamie.
To cut down on the crowds we could get rid of photographers, web cams, contests, leashes, lifeguards, and buoys. It ain't going to happen.

HMARK

Shazbut!

Postby HMARK » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:15 pm

For me, I dont know where I would place my opinion. I have not had the joy of being influenced by photogs hardening the crowd.

I assume we all gotta make a $, and if you are savvy enough to somehow make it off of surfing, more power to you. Does it make you a better person? ( I dunno) Does it affect the crowd level? ( I stay the HELL away from CR in the winter time) The influx of them has grown tho' I can tell you that.

I think there is Rebel shots, Markemark.com, and more out there that I am sure everybody seen. These guys put ALOT of $$$$$ into equipment. That they have to negotiate the crowds/attitudes also, is enuf of a penance for them to serve, too. Sooooooooooo --

I guess in the long run it sends me no way which way.

I kinda like running thru the slide shows, and the conditions that are shown.

But i sure enjoy a less crowded venue. i gues that is why we all got our own spaces to hunt and go hunting for waves.

Are we all looking forward to Fri/Sat ???????

Did I mention the crowd was 2 @ CW's? And NO photogs?

Did I? Did I?....

:wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

weekendwaveriderz

cameras and crowds

Postby weekendwaveriderz » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:54 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh surfing showers daily. bummed. stuck in concert jungle daily. bummed. be there or be bummed.

the truth

Postby the truth » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:15 pm

the internet is the down fall of surfing. Take it away and crowds will be cut in half, guaranteed.

what is "The Arena"?

truth hurts

Postby truth hurts » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:07 pm

the truth wrote:the internet is the down fall of surfing. Take it away and crowds will be cut in half, guaranteed.

what is "The Arena"?

That said; Take away Guy Hagi on Ch.7,Pat Caldwell at the NWS, Ch.3 weather news, Ch.6 weather news, and Ch.8 weather news, and last but not least megaprober's website also.

"The Arena" is a rap song by GANGSTAR entitled "STEP INTO THE ARENA"

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:46 pm

cheeta
your gonna be a
mazed when u gaze
at the armor on this leader

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”