Surf Trip Planning

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
slap a dap

Surf Trip Planning

Postby slap a dap » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:41 am

.......okay crew, I need and would like some info if ya can spare it. I am taking an extended leave of absence this summer to travel. Most of the time I will be in OZ and West OZ. I do want to spend some time in the South Pacific island regions as well. We all know the glory of Tahiti and Fiji but finances will be a problem at that point. I am researching Western Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu and New Caledonia. I like the fact that these places are relatively new and secluded with decent surf. If any of ya have been or can shead sum light my way, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks. Peace to ya.

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:41 pm

.......u mean none of u guys haved traveled or know anybody who has traveled to the south pacific? Ya killin me

HMARK

Yo Slap-a-Dap!

Postby HMARK » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Not 1 to have been exploring, but a number of friends have made various jaunts to South Pacific. From what my addled brain recalls, the boys hit Tavarua, ( many waves, insane conditions, and I heard fairly steep $$)... Same crew went to Samoa the season prior, and got excellent conditions, less size, and better cash outlay. (cheaper!)...

Another squadron of lost souls have made their way to Indo, and via boat, had some great surf. 1 of the bros I know has a apartment down in G-land, and rents it out when he is not there. He always comes home with all kine pix and stories. Cash outlay - I have no idea, but I imagine it is substantial. Far as the Indo boat run goes, I know the more crew, the less it is per man.

Far down; the Islands in the PI have from what I heard from various sources is that it can get all time. Excellent to supreme conditions and wave go mostly unridden, now the exchange rate li' dat and the PI rep for US realtions is good, so planning may be a good idea. The skinny I hear is that you gotta be cautious no matter what, ANYWHERE you go.

Wife just came back from Israel, and there was surf there! Not that I am packing to go to the most dangerous place on earth, but some of the pix show some real possibilities.

Laks pix show some of the wonders of NZ, and that is somewhere I really would like to see. Long as no need wet-suit, I'd be happy as a clam.

Hope some of it helps.

Safe journeys.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:12 pm

...........thanx HM for da insight. I pick little bits from everything I here.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”