Wind Storm

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
surfer9joe

Wind Storm

Postby surfer9joe » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:19 pm

Did everyone have a good windstorm day off? Any stories?

I have one: I'm reading my daughter goodnight stories about 8:30 or so when this gust from hell blows a screen off the window, it literally flew across the room, and then things started falling off shelfs, and pictures started falling off walls. It was like there was a poltergeist in the room with us!! Needless to say, everyone was scared.

Next day noone had work, noone could leave, and my neighborhood was like a huge party all day....good times, too bad the surf looked junk all day...
Why Wouldn't Ya?

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:41 pm

No great stories, but around 4 am, I was awakened by the sound of a freight train outside my window. Looked out, and was truely amazed. I've been through 2 hurricanes, and I've never experienced wind like that. Musta been blowing in the sustained 50-60 mph range. As I stood there watching the trees bend backwards, the entire sky lit up from lighting. :shock:
I was so sure the power was gonna go out, but we were lucky. About an hour later it was over. Next morning there were bushes and trees in the road, but no major devistation, and unfortunately...I could go to work. :?
Owoooooooo!!

red

Postby red » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Day off? I was shooting a movie.

"Neva mind that car floating down the street...let's hear that last line again! Roll Camera!"

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”