Please Donate some Money for a Good Cause

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
bannbann808

Please Donate some Money for a Good Cause

Postby bannbann808 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:48 pm

Swalockian, Roy Bloke, AKA Tom Stewart is building some surfboards to be tested out at pipe and he despiratly needs some funds to cover shipping. Check out http://olosurfer.com/ Local riders are encouraged to participate in the trial.
------------------------------------------------------------------

hey Roy
what's do you figure the cost will be to freight a couple of them to Hawaii?

I'm sure there's enough of us here at Sways and in Hawaii in particular to help cover shipping if it's not too out of hand (but you never know).. You can count me in to help out as best I can..

Blane and Bill can arrange for the pro riders and test.
Maybe Blane can get Parmenter to do a whole story in surfer mag about the event..

All I would hope to ask for a contribution for the shipping is maybe an opportunity to ride one of your handmade creations before the boys out here do their best to break them all in half.. You saw what Bonga did to Tyler's single yellow fin at pipe.. Onuela
-----------------------------------------------------------
These days I don't have much money.Depleted from land ownership I inherited and chemo in Mex.,but I can always pitch in a few bucks toward your cause

To me...........this is what Swaylocks is about ! Herb Spitzer
-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in!, I can donate some monies.

Hey Oneula,UncleD,Carve did you want to collect the hawaii "kala"?

Hey Tom, you say your boards will ride better than longboards now? Can you explain detailed what you mean? eg. turns better,paddles better etc.
This can document your template, please include what the surfer/rider should feel or do when surfing your boards.

Does anyone want to create a logo/designs for this event? Modern longboard vs. Tombloke or bill vs tom.
I will donate one silkscreen t-shirt of this event to any swaylockers who PM's me(you pay shipping/handling). Manoa
Now this is entertainment! I hope somebody gets some videos.
Sure wish I could be on the island for this one!

Stay Stoked, Rich
Roy,
I have not insulted you, and I am not powerful, but now I'm wishing I did (though I don't remember seeing Bill insult you, but rather many others...and maybe some insults of your own both provoked and unprovoked)! I would love to have insulted you enough to have you threaten to send me one of your boards. I would love to see one of these boards, and hell yeah I would love to ride one!!! In head-high California peelers, not in Hawaii. Send wax and GPSes, too!

This is totally awesome! I will definitely chip in a little...don't have much, but I will see what I can do. I won't be there if I do chip in cause I won't have the cash, so I only ask those that attend take photos and shoot video. I would also suggest that participants where flamingo suits to insure proper performance.

I would watch the movie that results. Single Hoop Flamingo, a different kind of Single Fin Yellow?

And as for a t-shirt, please put the photo of Roy's self portrait with the gpses and the big old middle finger. That picture was classic.

--Ben
----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lord, I am in on this one!

I have made two offers to TomBloke regarding airfare (one when he said he could make the whole wave at JBay while drinking a cup of tea and the other is to get barreled at big Pipe), so of course I'll chip in.

Roy, please come clean and let us in as to why you can't leave NZ?????

Personally, I'd love to see one of those boards at Pipe. But--they are quite big--would they fit in the barrel????

Let's make this happen! We have quite a few months until good swell hits the NS.......... Trucker
-----------------------------------------------------------------

For the sake of surfing science and the pursuit of the perfect surfboard design, I pledge $100US. We will need to define the test criteria and come with agreed standards of measuring performance. I would love a t-shirt. Can you make a few in XXL?

Mahalo Roy for reviving my interest. This is almost as fun as watching Blane charge giant waves at Waimea Bay and Avalanche on an SUP. You got my juices flowing.

D
I will WEBCAST this for free as long as I too can take one out! emissions

I'll donate some money. Sirwanksalot

Hi Tom Bloke,

Some may not leave New Zealand, others dont have access to Paypal.
I need the full bank details to make a donation from The Netherlands - Europe. . . . . .

. . . . .For all the good reasons mentioned above by the swaylockian order
+++PLUS+++
The hope that your board design is validated by the best after a LONG test run, not merely 2 days big surf
=
I will make a donation if you PM me the above, or make it publicly available. There is no risk involved, just ask your banker.

But you will have to post details of all the bills and justify yourself!

My best regards

Wouter

I can throw in a few bucks. Sounds like fun. Mike

Hey guys my brother and I are going to build a 14' dragon board from the plans he got a couple of years ago. When he first got them, I told him no way, but now there's a good reason to do it. The way this thing looks, it's going to be rather heavy since it's all wood (not hollow). Who know's this may be right thing to paddle out to the outside reefs at Oneula. Sharks will have a mouth full of wood if they bite it.
Not sure how long it will take us, but we have all summer.
I don't think you can surf this like a short board, so I'll have to practice Roy's stance once this baby is done. Maybe Uncle George Downing can give me help. He already told me he won't work on any wood boards anymore, but maybe he can give me some tips on riding them. We'll definitely show it to him and get his comments. See if he thinks it is up to challenging Makaha Point. The last time I surfed big Makaha was in the late 80's. It was only 8-10 Hawaiian, and Uncle George was out. We stayed in the Bowl, but some guys went out to the point. The was a goofy foot haole guy who looked older than George charging the outside. That was a day I'll have in my memory forever. Shark country

STFU

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:04 am

surfers are getting deeper at pipe than ever before, i think the boards are working fine.
swaylocks has some talented artist, but also a boatload of kooks who think that surfboards have super powers ingrained in them, and will magiacally shred once stood upon.

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:51 pm

I don't think that he's a kook.....setting myself up here guys.... He's definitely on a different plane of thought then most. It would be cool to see one of those boards in Hawaii and they are for everyone to try. I'd love to try to execute a real turn on one of those behemoths. I'm waiting to get my meager pay check so I can send him a little cash. He did send me a plan shape a couple of years ago for free so I kind of owe him.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:43 am

i guess it would be wild to see someone try and catch a 10foot bomb at pipe on one of those olo boards. it wont work though, someone might get killed

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

LGREANZ wrote:it wont work though, someone might get killed

True. It would be fun at cliffs though.

red

Postby red » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:41 pm

I'd like to see what would happen when someone chucks that board on a four foot set at cliffs. Can you say mass carnage?

HMARK

Postby HMARK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:58 am

red wrote:I'd like to see what would happen when someone chucks that board on a four foot set at cliffs. Can you say mass carnage?

Selective reduction of flesh colored speedo wearing morons?

:!:
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”