New board question

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
Haoleboy

New board question

Postby Haoleboy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:20 pm

It's been a long (winded) journey for me. Surfed as a young man in the 80's on a 6'4" T'rusta. Got married, had kid, got fat, bought a 9'4" and a 10'0" and piggy'd out.
Got bored. Bought a 6'6" twin fish (Neosponge called it, a whale :wink: ) and have been so stoked. Most fun ev-er. Lost 15 pounds to boot. (Back to my trim fighting weight of 160. :wink: )
But alas, fishie's lookin' a little ragged after 2 years of faithful sevice. Also, just feeling that there might be something better.
I been getting ready to treat myself. Went into Tropical Blends tonight and am eyeballing a Rawson Quad. 6'3"x21x2 5/8. Futures fins.
Still thick enough to get my 48 year old ass into the wave, but a little more performance maybe?...trying to improve my game. A little... I know I'll never reach that "wow" level, but I'm having fun.

Anyway...would be stoked on any feed-back between now and tommorrow before 5.
Mahalo'z
Owoooooooo!!

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:06 pm

My new CKE quad. 6'6 x 20 x 2 1/4. Thickness is carried out through the rails so it floats my ~200 lbs well. Note the huge wide tail. Good for my size 13 hooves.
No more thrusters for me unless the missus says I can.
Last edited by Rocky Rockbottom on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I listen to classical music because violins and shit are supposed to make you smarter

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:17 pm

HB you put in enough water time & you have the shortboarding background - I think a board like this Rawson will, if not right away, soon, open up some new exciting lines for you. Any extra effort/time required will be well worth it. Go for it.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Wed May 02, 2007 10:12 am

your gonna rip on that board. for sure.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”