NZ Pics

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
red

NZ Pics

Postby red » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:47 am

This is all from Piha which is the best day of surf I had on the trip (the only other sesh was weak Raglan beach break).

Another view from 'surf shop' backyard. The sandbar break is on the left.

You walk under this ledge to get to the paddle out spot on big days. I'd be more worried about a rock falling on my head then a few extra duck dives.

The Piha lineup..it's a left that starts off the rock and peels across the sandbar at LOW TIDE. Other tides it doesn't work and turns back to a regular crappy beachbreak. This is just before it turned on, but you can still see the sandbar beginning to shape up.

A couple of waves.

This was the only good shot I got. There were only a couple of people there and they seemed to be kind of intimidated by the 4'ers. This place has 'heaps of grunt' by NZ standards but I didn't really see it on a really good day so it's hard to tell. The barrels were really easy to get in and out of though and I had a blast.

THis is the board I was riding...a rental BIC high performance model. I gotta say it really surprised me how well this think worked, especially in the tube. It would make a good all-around travel board.

This is KareKare just a few minutes away. A punchy looking collection of beachbreaks that obviously have their days, but of course this day Piha was better.

Karekare beach. Soooo NZ.

Another view of Piha.

HMARK

Postby HMARK » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:57 am

Wow Red. Thanks those are trip inducing. Very nice.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:38 pm

nice setup, looks excitibg.

Über

Re: NZ Pics

Postby Über » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:46 pm

red wrote:http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/204/imgp1593hc4.jpg

I smake like windsurfer. Good construction. Not like stupid fibreglass board. You need a sail and master for big air.
I am Über. You are not.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”