Racism and surfing.

surfvida

Racism and surfing.

Postby surfvida » Tue May 23, 2006 1:22 pm

Last week in the water I saw my friend and some guy go at it. The guy droped in on my friend and almost made him crack up on the reef. My friend said "watch out , I almost hit the reef" the guy ( Japanese guy) flipped out, he was like "fuck you haole!" going up to him saying all kinds of stuff, then my friends cousin came over. His cousin is 6'4'' Portuguese, Hawaiian. And asked him whats the problem. The Japanese guy said "this haole guys starting problems with me!" The cousin said " that's my cousin, and he is Hawaiian" He went from being all angry to being all sorry.

The cousin was in the wrong though because he got racist too. The cousin was like "what if someone got racist with you?" then he said "you fucking jap!" then he was like "what japs did for Hawaii?" "you guys bomb pearl harbor, migrate to Hawaii taking the land away from Hawaiians, what makes you better then a haole?" then he said "go home jap".

I know it sounds bad on his part but he explained to me afterwards that he wasnt being racist, but he wanted to show the Japanese guy how he looked. He said he just wanted to reflect that guy, to show him racism is wrong. But also now days lots of local people I know don't like Japanese because they are always migrating to Hawaii and buying up homes and local businesses.

Which is sad, yes it's true but it's no reason to hate anyone. And people from all over are migrating and buying businesses. But anyways I just posted this just to say that racism is wrong, and life is too short to hate anyone. And if you try to dish it out, you may get it dished out to you harder. It's just wrong, it shows bad morality.

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Tue May 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Try to go to Japan and buy a business or a home. You need to have a Japanese national to act as a guarantor to be able to secure a loan.

Here are some photos to prove the Japanese are far from tolerant themselves.

I feel lucky to live in such a harmonious place like Hawaii.

http://www.debito.org/roguesgallery.html

I listen to classical music because violins and shit are supposed to make you smarter

driftfast180

Postby driftfast180 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:02 pm

unfortunatley it follows ya everywhere ya go. I just wish some of the guys would get into marley and be more into "One Love" Lifes to short to fight over bs.

Über

Postby Über » Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 am

driftfast180 wrote:unfortunatley it follows ya everywhere ya go. I just wish some of the guys would get into marley and be more into "One Love" Lifes to short to fight over bs.

European Union is not racist. We accept all peoples who we accept. We are very tolerant, more than the US. For proof of our tolerance just look at my natty dreads. One love to all.
I am Über. You are not.

driftfast180

Postby driftfast180 » Wed May 24, 2006 7:29 am

cool. Didnt know what the european union was but looked it up and found it interesting. Wish we could do that with all our neighbors etc.

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Wed May 24, 2006 8:23 am

???Who are these goobers???
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

surfingcroatan

Postby surfingcroatan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:04 am

I really dislike racism. I have gotten in several fights and arguments over racism. I live in The South, and its pretty bad. There are some exceptions of coarse. The exceptions are mostly surfers, skaters, punks, and the like. A lot of times, I feel like its me against the world. My family have said racist remarks, my friends, peers, coworkers, strangers, jsut about everyone I meet. I want to move out of here so bad to get away from all the hate. I know racism is everywhere, but its even worse when you live in a city where not long ago there were race riots, and there's rednecks still waving the Confederate flag.
I am the great Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole! Are you threatening me? How dare you threaten Cornholio!

7fiveS7vensurfer

Postby 7fiveS7vensurfer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:32 pm

hey not to be racist but the rebel flag is heritage not hate. and racisim is very bad in virgina i wish we had more black surfers too i mainly see cacasians out on the water with a couple of other races but almost not africans. there is one jamacian surfer, that is always at 'Tan hes so good and is always pointing out how to get better
just started to surf not to good, but not bad, dont give me sh*t on my opions and i wont do that to you

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 pm

Puerto_Rico_Surfer wrote:???Who are these goobers???

Goober or how about GÜbers.

BTW, 808 is the area code for Hawaii. What's the area code in Virginia?

Return to “Off Topic”