My little band

Haoleboy

My little band

Postby Haoleboy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am

My band, Oriental Love Ring, from the late 80's/early 90's got back together last year and began practicing. Nowadays it's mostly for our own amusement, but we are playing a gig on next Sunday, the 25th of Oct. at Dave and Busters. It's a Battle of the Bands, and we'll be batt'lin Busecrus and Family Dinner, so there's a solid chance this will be our only gig. :D
We go on around 6:30, it's free, though under 21 must be accompanied by someone 26 or over.

If you're interested, our drummer threw up a temporary website and it's got a live recording we did a couple months back. One take, with all the glorious choked notes and strangled vocals.
http://www.orientallovering.com/1.html
Owoooooooo!!

blahlah

Re: My little band

Postby blahlah » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Awesome HB! I'll check out your songs tonight. Wish I was home so I could see your gig - good luck! :D
Brah, it's just like, just get the best barrels ever dude. Just like, pull in, just get spit right out of it, drop in & just smack the lip, WHUH-PACK!! Drop in, BARAAH!!! Then after that, just riding the barrel & get pitted, SO PITTED, like that.

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 am

HB!!!! I was all set up to crash ORL's gig Sunday! No, seriously I was all jazzed to stop in and see you guys jam again. Unfortunately da wife got sick .... 3 Days later she's somewhat better but still not 100%. Anyways I'm bummed I missed the show but please post up info for future shows L^]

goro

Postby goro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:37 pm

hey, get some vintage footage of olr up on utube:

& i'm w/ bud...please give us a little more advance notice L^]

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:07 am

We're playing at Dave and Busters for a Battle Of The Bands thing on Oct. 10th. A fairly early gig, we'll be going on around 7. There's a bar (the more you drink, the better we sound!), no cover, and all ages, though 21 and under must be accompanied by an oldster. I think...
If I hear any different I'll post up. Hope some of you can make it!
A little article in case you missed it. http://www.midweek.com/content/columns/ ... cles_back/
Owoooooooo!!

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:47 pm

yeah HB ! I missed your last couple gigs - gonna really try to make this one. looking forward L^]

HMARK

Postby HMARK » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Haoleboy wrote:We're playing at Dave and Busters for a Battle Of The Bands thing on Oct. 10th. A fairly early gig, we'll be going on around 7. There's a bar (the more you drink, the better we sound!), no cover, and all ages, though 21 and under must be accompanied by an oldster. I think...
If I hear any different I'll post up. Hope some of you can make it!
A little article in case you missed it. http://www.midweek.com/content/columns/ ... cles_back/

Back to the care home early again?!?
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:43 am

ouch! :)

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:26 am

After 10pm they won't let me have a fruit cup for desert... :D