Religion and surfing

surfer chica

Religion and surfing

Postby surfer chica » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:21 pm

Howzit everyone,
I keep my mind open to diffrent religions but each one I go to has sumtin against surfing
They think I am just crazy, what do u guys think help me out here?

solo

Postby solo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:56 am

dis subject is of extreme importance to me. my life has dealt me disappointments in "religions" on a consistent basis. i need to mention that it's been an interest of mine to study, scrutinize these religions, carefully, as to understand the man who practices them.

i'm going to rattle off a few significant experiences that've occurred during my life.

i was born, raised catholic. went to church by myself since i was four. it seemed like my parents didn't feel welcomed in church, so they sent me. so i'm a hardcore trained catholic. one day i was at the church before karate classes (weekday afternoon), and observed one of the priests kicking a cat that was trying to befriend him. i questioned the priest (i was 10) why he would be cruel to god's creature... i didn't pay attention to the response, actions spoke louder than words.

the biggie was when my firstborn came into this world. the wife was 16, i was 18, and obviously the catholic church wouldn't have approved of such a union. i never held that against them. but, when my son was born three months premature in 1975, i was afraid we were going to lose him. i called the church to ask for last rights and baptism.

THEY REFUSED...

from that day forward, i had no love for the church, and excommunicated myself... Jesus Christ would have baptised the innocent newborn...

also, i realized that churches are establishments run by men. created by man. that is why there are so many denominations inthe world today. men want to distinguish themselves from one another, not be humble. they wanna be noticed. "we worship like this", or "we don't believe in that".

ONLY DIFFERENCES, NO SIMILARITIES ARE STRESSED...

i've concluded that "religion" is a bad thing, they are the bad guys, not the good guys.

the good guys are invisible, they lead by example. they don't have fancy robes, limousines, "POPE MOBILES". THEY GIVE THEIR MONEY TO THE POOR AND SICK...

surfing? that's where i have the strongest sense of the presence of god. i believe my feelings. god is in nature, in the natural order of things. he doesn't live in a building.

come to my church. i go to the "church of the open sky".
ride the tiger...

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:26 pm

Wow, Solo, very profound.

HMARK

Postby HMARK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:45 pm

Do you want to know what real religion is?

Its you.

Its what you do every day, how you decide to treat those around you. It is waking up, going to work, busting your ass for nothing, except to provide for the ones you love.

It is being happy in knowing you arent perfect, in the knowledge you gain by looking at yourself and seeing fault. Accepting the fact that you fuck up. Knowing that whateva you believe in, Buddha, God, Mohammed, the man on the moon, at least you have some semblance of faith, and faith is the belief in what YOU CANNOT SEE.

Can you see the beauty? Can you see the awesomeness in what is around us? From the dunbfucker that dont know his ass from a hole in the ground, to the smartest whip in the world? What the fuck?

Religion is a name a belief given to something that is intangible, something that you nor i will ever grasp, because MAN has made it inacessible, in order to control the masses.

Look at the fucks in radical islam. Religion? Kill for religion? Give me a friggin break. Any one with half a sense knows that religion is a bastion of hope. That it should be somewhere that a person goes to reaffirm his belief in mankind as a whole. Not some diatribe given as fact, that fags die, that heathen are scum, that vecause you aint blue you suck.

God is all about love.

God, religion has caused more wars, death and destruction than any famine, or disaster could.

So you want religion?

The best one?

The true story?

Look in your own heart, and find it.

It is there.

The blessed church of the open sky - Tom Blake.

Aloha.

Good seeking, all.
~ God created surfboards so the truly gifted would not rule the world ~

Return to “Off Topic”