Questions for Any Techies Out There

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Questions for Any Techies Out There

Postby Bud » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:27 pm

Thinking about restoring my home PC, it's acting up and a bit sluggish. About a year ago, after a huge snafu and a nightmare data recovery, I restored the PC to it's original config and installed a 2nd hard drive. Transfered all the old important files to the 2nd HD and have since been saving all new files to the 2nd HD.

Can someone confirm that, if I use my system restore CD's, my files on the 2nd HD will be safe?

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:30 pm

Telcon with a friend advised unplugging the power cable to the 2nd HD just to be sure.....

sloan

Postby sloan » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:03 pm

I confirm. Actually, no I don't - I don't want the liability. :( After you unplug it like your friend suggested, carry the harddrive at least twenty feet away from the computer before doing the system restore. I suggest hiding it in the kitchen cabinet, just to be extra safe. :lol:

Actually, I run a web server off one of my computers for my web site and over the years it managed to collect all sorts of spyware and trojan horses, to the point where you couldn't really fix it. Couple of weeks ago I finally just said screw it and reinstalled the operating system. Still have all my files intact...

Bud
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Bud » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:07 am

sloan wrote:I confirm. Actually, no I don't - I don't want the liability. :( After you unplug it like your friend suggested, carry the harddrive at least twenty feet away from the computer before doing the system restore. I suggest hiding it in the kitchen cabinet, just to be extra safe. :lol:

lol, thanks mang

hey I 'm holding you 100% liable for any problems I encounter!

:lol:

sbmfj

Postby sbmfj » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:46 pm

try this, adaware, down load it off the net, it removes all your spyware and whatnot. quite good actually, removed alot of crap off my desktop....

enjoy!, and i hope it can help...

Return to “Off Topic”